Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Staccato renames DUO pistols to DPO, drops price

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Now you know why there were guys that made money off tuning 2011 mags. I think it was a bit of a cottage industry here in SoCal for the USPSA guys.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...TI-until/page5

I have a real issue with STI. I, and just about everyone I know who's actually bought one has had issues with them.

However, out of the box I shot a 100-2x on a B8 at 25 yards with Speer Lawman.

Out. Of. The. Box. To be truthful, neither of mine ever actually "failed" to fire. I have about 750 rounds through them and they always fed every round in the magazine flawlessly. Always ejected flawlessly. My only issues are that they would fail to lock back on an empty mag. I've had buddies with Duos and the .45 R model that literally would not feed the first round of ball ammo out of a factory mag though. I guess I got "lucky".

But that accuracy is something else.
    Read the thread...completely forgot about it. The only thing I noticed on mine was a bit of wear to the slide stop which Staccato said was normal but offered to recoat it...I told them don't worry about it.

I did notice a slight gouge to the mag follower where the release button is..not sure if normal or not maybe Gajin would know.

IMG_20210213_155843.jpg
    Last edited by pag23; 02-13-21 at 15:12.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    If not “normal”, a non issue. The flat of the Slide Stop angles down a bit and is fairly sharp-where it contacts follower to effect slide lock back on empty mag.
    Steel trumps plastic every time.
    This “dimple”/wear mark could probably be eliminated by stoning the contact area of SS, but it would likely affect “lock back” reliability.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    If not “normal”, a non issue. The flat of the Slide Stop angles down a bit and is fairly sharp-where it contacts follower to effect slide lock back on empty mag.
    Steel trumps plastic every time.
    This “dimple”/wear mark could probably be eliminated by stoning the contact area of SS, but it would likely affect “lock back” reliability.
    Thank you...and I will leave it alone, since it isn't broke, no need for myself to fix it...or screw it up

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Excellent plan.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What's the story on Staccato? I never heard of 'em, now they seem to command $$$ and generate some buzz. What's going on?

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    "Staccato" is now the former "STI" UV.
    Here's the site if you have any interest; https://staccato2011.com/

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Garand Thumb with his take. Magazines, magazines, magazines (@20:06)!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    Garand Thumb with his take. Magazines, magazines, magazines (@20:06)!

I’d like to know when his magazines were manufactured? I know he did a review of the previous model along with other 2011s. According to LAV in a recent podcast the newer production magazines are good to go.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Redacted.
    Last edited by Boss Hogg; 02-18-21 at 11:06.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast