Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broken Gen 4 G19 Firing pin

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    There are alsoaftermarket ones that are supposedly made out of better materials that should last longer

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/49

I've bought stuff for my Benelli and my M&P from these guys. They always seem to have the odd part you need.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 02-11-21 at 17:58.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    One of the reasons to own Glock is so you don't have to send it back to Glock for repair, a stoned out, drunk monkey can work on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/49

I've bought stuff for my Benelli and my M&P from these guys. They always seem to have the odd part you need.
    I agree 100% on ease of repair...I took the fp out on the hood of my car at the range, I just didnt want to pay almost $50 for a fp.

Tom, I did see that, cheapest place I found..Im ordering tonight..thank you sir.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    There are alsoaftermarket ones that are supposedly made out of better materials that should last longer

Soli Deo Gloria
    Not for me..OEM only.
    Someone earlier asked about round count..well over 15000 but less than 20000. I used to keep meticulous notes, but dont anymore.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Soli Deo Gloria
    NO...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Not for me..OEM only.
    Someone earlier asked about round count..well over 15000 but less than 20000. I used to keep meticulous notes, but dont anymore.
    Not common, but at your round count, the striker doesn't really owe you anything.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    NO...

Not common, but at your round count, the striker doesn't really owe you anything.
    Man I agree 100%. Im am a Glock lover, but not one of those fantasy idiots who thinks "glocks never break". Ive "broke" 3 now, all highly used. Everything breaks when used enough.

Feedback Score
    If your glock does not break, your not shooting it enough. Everything breaks. I never broke a striker, but broke and wore some other parts. maybe I should keep some on hand.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    NO...

For the record I do not run one. But I think it is entirely possible for a competent machinist to make one better then glock, which I believe is a MIM part.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My Gen 1 M&P FS has 20k-25k through it. I'm pretty amazed the striker hasn't broken. The slide release broke and I wore out the trigger bar, but the striker is still humming along.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For the record I do not run one. But I think it is entirely possible for a competent machinist to make one better then glock, which I believe is a MIM part.

Soli Deo Gloria
    There is nothing aftermarket that will improve the Glock pistol mechanical design, to include triggers. Learn to shoot with a stock gun and the rest doesn't matter. That goes for parts replacement as well, stick with factory.

(Not directed at you, just a statement )

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12