Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Want a PCC, PTR 9C vs B&T GHM-9

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have an MPX, Zenith MP5 and B&T APC Pro 9mm. Can't go wrong with any of them really. All have run great after a break-in period for the MPX.

You're headed down the right path, good luck.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    anecdotally,

I dont think that most of the B&T sub gun line up are there yet reliability wise. I have wanted to pick up a ghm9 since they came out and it seems like there are always a number of threads showing issues with mags, or feeding. I really like idea of being able to run glock mags but even with the glock lowers, seems that the guns are still hit and miss.

While I am not really a fan of the 1970's ergos of the Mp5, the is no debating that its a functioning platform

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Delete
    Last edited by 1168; 03-11-21 at 14:36.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcr5595 View Post
    Keep an eye out on palmetto state for an Sp5 - I just picked up another for $2999 a week ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Inbox full. Shipped.

OP, I’d probably do the B&T. Everything B&T that I’ve touched has been excellent, and its a more modern design. I don’t have a huge sampling of PTRs, but the G3s we got had some issues that gave me pause about spending my own money there.
    Last edited by 1168; 03-11-21 at 14:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    edit: Should I remove the thread protector from the barrel before shooting with a suppressor attached via the tri lug? I'm thinking yes but perhaps it it unnecessary.
    Last edited by jhr1986; 03-26-21 at 18:48.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jhr1986 View Post
    edit: Should I remove the thread protector from the barrel before shooting with a suppressor attached via the tri lug? I'm thinking yes but perhaps it it unnecessary.
    I've never removed the thread protector when using a tri lug suppressor on mine.

Feedback Score
    I'd like to add a PCC to the collection sooner rather than later and I'd also like to start buying magazines to stock up. I haven't started that because I can't figure out which PCC to buy.

I think I've narrowed it down to the two in the title - either an MP5 clone, specifically the PTR 9C due to a price point I can swing, the integrated rail for a red dot which I will be using and the upgraded handguard. The GHM-9 is the other contender, I like the controls on the GHM9 better but I am concerned about the longevity of the magazines.

Either of these guns would be SBRed and wear a red dot and suppressor 100% of the time. For various reasons I've ruled out guns like the MPX, Stribog and AR-9; the Scorpion is still in the back of my mind but it's a very distant third to the two above.

Anything I should know about PTR's MP5 clone? Are magazines (breaking feed lips) really an issue with the B&T guns?
    If you can’t find or afford a real HK SP5, get the B&T. I have a APC Pro 9 and have had zero issues with the magazines thus far.

I had a Zenith and played with a PTR. They are not cheap to begin with, and you’re better off getting the real deal (no canted sights, legit HK parts).

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    If you can’t find or afford a real HK SP5, get the B&T. I have a APC Pro 9 and have had zero issues with the magazines thus far.

I had a Zenith and played with a PTR. They are not cheap to begin with, and you’re better off getting the real deal (no canted sights, legit HK parts).
    Too late

I'm still on the lookout for an SP5 because I would like the real deal but I'm not willing to pay 50% over msrp for one. If I don't get a real HK at least I have the Zenith. After shooting this weekend I'm glad I went with the mp5 (clone) - I'm sure the B&T is awesome and probably better is some ways but I think if I'd gone that route I'd still want an mp5 whereas the opposite is not true.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

You should not remove the thread protector to use a 3-lug can.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123