Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: IR Illuminators/laser modules in 2021

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Looking to get my first laser and was leaning towards the DBAL D2. From the research I have done (looking at reviews comparing multiple laser units to each other), I think the biggest drawback to it is the weight. After watching multiple videos it seems that the laser is on par with other civilian class lasers but the illuminator is much brighter and can be adjusted to either a wide spill or a more narrow beam. The beam pattern also seems to be more consistent through out the entirety of the beam when compared to some other laser illumiators and IR flashlights.

For context I am not Mil or LE, just regular old boring dude looking to get into night vision.

Maybe I would be better served with a CQBL-1 or OTAL-C with separate illuminator?

Trying to finalize my list for a complete NV set up. Will create a separate tread for that.

Feedback Score
    D2 is a good unit, it's a chunky thing though. The illuminator is better than most IR laser/IR illuminator combos on the market.

A lot of folks have been utilizing something like an OTAL-C or 9007 DBAL-I2 with a Luna ELIR3 illuminator for great results at a low cost.

My main training rifle has a Luna on one side of the front and a 9007 on the other and it's relatively well balanced. If I need to really get out there distance wise with an Illuminator the Luna will do it.

Trying to finalize my list for a complete NV set up.
    We are seeing yet another wave of new buyers in NV. One thing to note is that -like most things now a days- there is some long lead times and availability issues with various products - NV, IR lasers, thermal imagers, etc. So be sure to plan ahead, in some cases that might mean months out. And also be flexible if you need to get something quick. D2s for example- Steiner has gone 6 months without any available, then a ton come in, then nothing again for 3-5 months.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    D2 is a good unit, it's a chunky thing though. The illuminator is better than most IR laser/IR illuminator combos on the market.

A lot of folks have been utilizing something like an OTAL-C or 9007 DBAL-I2 with a Luna ELIR3 illuminator for great results at a low cost.

My main training rifle has a Luna on one side of the front and a 9007 on the other and it's relatively well balanced. If I need to really get out there distance wise with an Illuminator the Luna will do it.

We are seeing yet another wave of new buyers in NV. One thing to note is that -like most things now a days- there is some long lead times and availability issues with various products - NV, IR lasers, thermal imagers, etc. So be sure to plan ahead, in some cases that might mean months out. And also be flexible if you need to get something quick. D2s for example- Steiner has gone 6 months without any available, then a ton come in, then nothing again for 3-5 months.
    Hello Robert,

Thank you for the info, it is much appreciated. Based on all the kind words about you posted here and elsewhere I was actually planning on reaching out to you once I am ready to start making purchases.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Hello Robert,

Thank you for the info, it is much appreciated. Based on all the kind words about you posted here and elsewhere I was actually planning on reaching out to you once I am ready to start making purchases.
    Thanks. When you do, be sure to mention M4 Carbine so we can discount whatever you decide on.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345