Thread: carry handle questions

Feedback Score

carry handle questions

i am familiar with the square forge , the cardinal ,and the split A , but not this one , looks like a keyhole and a 10P1010122.jpg

Feedback Score
    next , i have some flat Brownells Gun-Kote i was thinking of using to put a new finish on it , its going on a Armalite i have ordered , im not sure if there is anything in the mechanics of it that will be damaged by the baking process in the oven , O-rings , teflon bushings?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Keyhole = Cerro Forge.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    i didnt see a keyhole with a 10 behind it listed on that chart

and i think im going to forgo the baking process , i do not want to warp it , its aluminum

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hoopharted View Post
    i didnt see a keyhole with a 10 behind it listed on that chart

and i think im going to forgo the baking process , i do not want to warp it , its aluminum
    Seriously doubt you will get your oven hot enough to warp it baking a little paint. Think about how hot the upper can get after a hundred rounds fired fairly quickly and how your carry handle is attached to that without ever being harmed due to the heat.

May want to take the knobs off if they have those delrin? inserts in them but honestly doubt even those would get messed up unless you went nuts with the heat setting.

I forget what temp the guy that powder coated one of mine for me used but it came out fine (even the knobs).

Feedback Score
    the process is heat the parts to 100 degrees , paint while hot , let dry and bake for an hour at 300 degrees , done steel before , but never aluminum

Feedback Score
    Someone needs to produce Ar-10 carry handles again..looking at you Armalite.