Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Now that CZ owns Colt, what should they do first?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    And CZ is no better, although their new new firearms are ambi (P10, Scorpion,) VZ58 is accidentally lefty.

Their legacy handguns.. The 75 and it's newer versions have decockers on the left side but finding one with a right side decocker is like finding a unicorn. And they make like one left hand bolt action in a limited amount of calibers. It's 2021! Let's step out of 1980

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    When they canít keep up with demand in right handed rifles, why would they shut down and change everything over, wasting valuable time, to cater to the less than 3% of rifle sales? There are holster makers out there that donít even offer lefties because it isnít profitable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    When they canít keep up with demand in right handed rifles, why would they shut down and change everything over, wasting valuable time, to cater to the less than 3% of rifle sales? There are holster makers out there that donít even offer lefties because it isnít profitable.

Because left handed people existed before this panic. S&W figured it out in 2005 with the introduction of the M&P. Ruger( my Ruger is from the mid 90s), Savage and Remington didn't seem to have a problem making left handed bolt action rifles. Even shity Bersa was making completely ambi handguns back in 08. Just add a decocker to the other side. Not exactly redesigning the entire gun from the ground up

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Because left handed people existed before this panic. S&W figured it out in 2005 with the introduction of the M&P. Ruger( my Ruger is from the mid 90s), Savage and Remington didn't seem to have a problem making left handed bolt action rifles. Even shity Bersa was making completely ambi handguns back in 08. Just add a decocker to the other side. Not exactly redesigning the entire gun from the ground up

They may exist but that isnít where the profit is.

Remington and Savage do make left bolt but not every model and caliber is available.

When itís more profitable not to, they wonít.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    I think itís hard to argue that moving and ditching the union will be in Coltís interest. A real market research operation is also imperative moving forward.

They need to be competitive. I know many will prefer a stock 6920, but in the commercial market things like the Springfield Saint outsells 6920s. Being ďpureĒ doesnít matter if it doesnít keep the lights on.

And quit making butt-ugly 1911s....hereís looking at you new Combat Elites.

A major reason for Colt to keep the basic 6920 is LE purchases. Most times they need to stay within budget constraints in order to purchase quality equipment at the quantity they need. Also most cops arenít gun guys/gals. Just go to the annual rifle training and watch them fumble around just trying to clear basic jam.

Letís face it the 6920 is similar to the F150 bone stock work truck. It sells.

Dan

Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by agr1279 View Post
    A major reason for Colt to keep the basic 6920 is LE purchases. Most times they need to stay within budget constraints in order to purchase quality equipment at the quantity they need. Also most cops arenít gun guys/gals. Just go to the annual rifle training and watch them fumble around just trying to clear basic jam.

Letís face it the 6920 is similar to the F150 bone stock work truck. It sells.

Dan

Except 6920s make a small small small minority of civilian sales.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345