Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that CZ owns Colt, what should they do first?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Base-model OEM 1 and 2's like they did a short while back without furniture with lightweight vs SOCCOM-profile barrels and either FSB's or low-profile gas blocks.

Also, a return and expansion of the 901 line.

As far as being a foreign company, no one cares. CZ is an excellent firearms manufacturer and FN has produced some of JMB's best designs.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    On the 5.56 side:
    6960 is the easy button and should become a/the standard but with a Colt handguard to avoid paying Centurion on every unit (despite my love for Centurion, it doesn’t make sense). Make this the go-to option for anyone who wants their first AR and isn’t afraid to pay more than $500.
    Then do monolithic M-Lok 11.5 pencil, 11.5 and 14.5 (midlength) SOCOM profiles in both rifles and complete uppers.
    Then a 6960 profile with FSB for old times sake.
    Don’t sell any uppers without a BCG.

On the larger semi-auto side:
    Bring back their 308/6.5CM deal for a righteous price that makes it, instead of DPMS, the non-KAC/LMT standard.

Those are easy things that establish them in a volume semi-auto market.
    They should also keep cloned carbine options coming in for people who want to have what troops carried, but not making that their focus...just a steady income with a supply just enough to keep the price on the upper end.

I’d really like to see some sort of collaborative work on a super small 9mm sub gun. It may not make good sense, since the Scorpion is out there making plenty of waves, but it could be cool. Particularly if they could make something that competes with B&T from an American company.

Also, I have tons of family, immediate and extended, that work for unionized companies. I have worked on both sides myself. I state this as fact, not opinion: Unions are primarily a pathogen that eat away at a company’s health, sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly. Unfortunately, some managers/owners have asked for this illness by associating with prostitutes or constant cigarette usage (whichever analogy works for you, you get the idea). Colt needs to move, and CZ needs to make whatever payoffs they need to to make it happen.

Edit: Also, suppressors. Good ones.
    Last edited by JediGuy; 02-14-21 at 21:24.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    The cr6960 is already back in production, just as with most things impossible to find
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    On a serious note: I’d like to see another 7.62 AR option. Not the 901 but something lightweight, accurate, KAC and LMT receiver compatible, and cheaper than both.

Feedback Score
    Modernize the 6920 (while keeping it as a base option) same with all their models of various barrel lengths. off better barrel profile, different rail choices etc

They have a good opportunity to really get some share of the 1911 market with colt as well. Cz owns dan wesson i believe, they have the knowledge do do something good here

A poly pistol for colt??

Bring back the 901 ar10 variants.

Feedback Score
    Not much more that one can recommend than what has already been stated here. Outside of moving to a more friendly state, I would really like to see their retro models offered at a reasonable price.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Modernize the 6920 (while keeping it as a base option) same with all their models of various barrel lengths. off better barrel profile, different rail choices etc

They have a good opportunity to really get some share of the 1911 market with colt as well. Cz owns dan wesson i believe, they have the knowledge do do something good here

A poly pistol for colt??

Bring back the 901 ar10 variants.
    I agree the A2 profile is backwards, but especially with the shorter lengths it's of very little actual consequence. In fact, the larger journal is preferred with pinned gas blocks. I think the downside of changing the profile is then there would be a commercial line next to their contract lines, which would endanger the quality control of the commercially available guns. And they already offer the SOCOM and FBI profiles that are available to the public, so there's already a pretty good variety to be had.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    On a serious note: I’d like to see another 7.62 AR option. Not the 901 but something lightweight, accurate, KAC and LMT receiver compatible, and cheaper than both.
    I think the 901 issue was that it was never heavily marketed or pushed. There is zero need to sell something as a 5.56 & 7.62 model if you are never going to actually do the conversion pieces. People hate it, and they don't forget.

I absolutely feel that a basic Armalite style AR10 would sell well for Colt. Keep it as the SR15 parts setup, then sell a basic and an upgraded model.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    To do list for CZ with Colt brand guns:

1.) Discontinue the 6920 for the 6960. That’s easy enough. Offer various grades of 6960 via rails, sights, ambi controls, triggers, and muzzle devices etc.

2.) Bring back the 7.62 platform gun. The tooling already exists and there’s a market.

3.) Colt can’t make DA revolvers fast enough, so make more of them. Reintroduce the Anaconda in .44 Magnum. Don’t screw it up with marred muzzle crowns and loose side plates. Develop some wheel guns with a top strap that will accept an RDS mount easily, develop a mount that gets the optic down low.

4.) Develop or rebrand a polymer framed duty pistol, striker fired, optic ready, and competitively priced. Even if it’s a gussied up American made Colt branded P10 its better than nothing.

5.) Have the guys at Dan Wesson look over the Colt 1911 line and figure out what the hell to do with them. Either make them price competitive, or actually worth the current asking price. Maybe let Dan Wesson make pretty 1911’s and concentrate Colt on duty grade stuff.

6.) Leverage Colts manufacturing capacity to possibly supply parts for their other US brands and prepare to make CZ products in the US if needed. Also if Dan Wesson can’t get the DWX in production maybe give it to Colt.

7.) Last and maybe most importantly, improve customer service. Hire people and train them to fix guns quickly, make customers happy, and provide the kind of service civilians expect when they buy what is perceived as a premium product. If Joe Blow sends his gun in because it’s not running right make sure it returns to Joe running like a raped ape on bath salts, with some free swag, and do it in a reasonable amount of time. That goes a long way towards getting repeat business in the civvy market, there’s no more GWOT and .gov contracts cannot be relied upon to pay the bills.

Feedback Score
    The politics involved in government contracts probably had more to do with Colt's downfall than anything else.
    The same thing will happen to SIG.
    SOLGW and BCM are wise to limit the political gov contract side of the house and focus on the commercial market.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast