Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Combat shirts: any practical value if not using IBA?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question Combat shirts: any practical value if not using IBA?

I confess to an interest in gear that was not issued when I was in, combat shirts being one of these.

But I don’t wear (or own) body armor - is there any practical value to owning one? A solid color Crye G3 combat shirt would look cool AF but a justifiable use for it would motivate me to disregard price tags and forgo frugality.

Thanks for any input.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds like an excellent reason to get armor if you ask me. I mean, that would nip your whole quandary right in the bud. I get that it's expensive, but I'm assuming that's probably not a deterrent to you since you're contemplating getting a Crye shirt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's the only way to wear body armor?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    For the price of the CRY (your wallet will be) combat shirt you could buy a quarter zip issue Massif combat shirt and probably also a nice plate carrier.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I have one in multicam a buddy gave me when he came back from AFG. I would say there is no value to them unless you are wearing a vest over them. I wore mine once before I outgrew it in the horizontal direction.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 02-14-21 at 09:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    But I don’t wear (or own) body armor - is there any practical value to owning one?
    Nope.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies, Gentlemen. I appreciate your time and viewpoints.

Perhaps a better question would have been whether or not to get IBA. I’ve always figured having never trained with it when I was young, and now being middle-aged/heading toward oldster, I prolly should not get it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Sounds like an excellent reason to get armor if you ask me. I mean, that would nip your whole quandary right in the bud. I get that it's expensive, but I'm assuming that's probably not a deterrent to you since you're contemplating getting a Crye shirt.
    LOL, agreed. If you’re an outdoorsy person, they are pretty good in the bush for cooler weather. The sleeves are tougher than the body which usually doesn’t get snagged but breathes better.

Heck, if anyone wants a combat shirt for no other reason than just to have one, just go buy a cheapie on eBay and try it out. They’re at least worth a laugh on the range with some of the patterns...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buncheong View Post
    Thanks for the replies, Gentlemen. I appreciate your time and viewpoints.

Perhaps a better question would have been whether or not to get IBA. I’ve always figured having never trained with it when I was young, and now being middle-aged/heading toward oldster, I prolly should not get it.
    Get a Crye LV MBAV with soft armor inserts, both available from OP Tactical. It's like wearing nothing at all, and you can add SAPI plates later if you want, put a chest rig on it, etc.

Feedback Score
    I'm a portly 64 year old and have body armor. I figure why not. The cops have it so why shouldn't I have it! It like insurance, better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast