Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M1a or M4 with magnetic for SHTF

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I love my MWS and Colt 6.5, but as has already been stated, the M4 reigns supreme in killing ability via ammo and weight. AMMO is king. Its damn near 2/1 ratio in my kit.

This coming from a huge AR10 guy. I shoot one every week and love the guns. I shot some up close shit this Saturday with my MWS and it made an impression with its impact, but SHTF, M4 100%.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 02-14-21 at 18:34.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I love my MWS and Colt 6.5, but as has already been stated, the M4 reigns supreme in killing ability via ammo and weight. AMMO is king. Its damn near 2/1 ratio in my kit.

This coming from a huge AR10 guy. I shoot one every week and love the guns. I shot and some up close shit this Saturday with my MWS and it made an impression, but SHTF, M4 100%.

PB
    i picked up a Stag 10 about a month and a half ago , havent run but about 4 mags through it yet but damn , i just put a Primary Arms 1-6x24 with a QDmount , yet to get a chance to zero it in yet

Feedback Score
    Very few will get to choose the scenario, endeavor to perservere.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The ayes have it. Many good points, I agree with all of it towards a solid M4 type over the big gun (sorry Col. Cooper, as you look down upon us in disappointment.....).

All the right reasons posted. When you ask a guy "so, AK, or AR?", and he thinks he's bein' uber-tactical-smart by sayin' "oh, M1a!" , he's most likely spouting that from the armchair, as it were.

Yeah, get out there and do a patrol up and down some mountains with that beast, or a few shoot houses, and tell me how high speed it is.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Its 2021 and people are still considering the M1a/M14 over a good AR-15?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My problem is whether or not a 16” barrel AR is just peachy vs. “should I Form 1 my lower so I can switch to a shorter barrel?”

And yeah, already have an AR pistol.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Your ammo will run out. Your weapon will break. I don’t know of many people with 7.62 or M1A parts to spare.
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Its 2021 and people are still considering the M1a/M14 over a good AR-15?
    I'm a huge M1a guy,(Look @ my username for reference ) But with that said it's obvious you have never been around many M1a guys or should I say "serious" ones, LOL! Anyways even saying that I would take my M4 99% of the time, maybe 100% but depending on your location, where you are moving to how much you have to move, etc, the M1a would be a viable choice in some situations I feel. I get the weight, ammo thing, etc, but sometimes a bigger bullet is needed and a 30Cal is a nice option. I get it and there is a reason the M4 is the longest-running Service rifle but there was always a good ole boy with an M-14 waiting in the wings if needed in many situations.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    I'm a huge M1a guy,(Look @ my username for reference ) But with that said it's obvious you have never been around many M1a guys or should I say "serious" ones, LOL! Anyways even saying that I would take my M4 99% of the time, maybe 100% but depending on your location, where you are moving to how much you have to move, etc, the M1a would be a viable choice in some situations I feel. I get the weight, ammo thing, etc, but sometimes a bigger bullet is needed and a 30Cal is a nice option. I get it and there is a reason the M4 is the longest-running Service rifle but there was always a good ole boy with an M-14 waiting in the wings if needed in many situations.

Wouldn't that be a Mosin Nagant?

Feedback Score
    The M1a seems to be the Mini 14 of the 308 World. I've always wanted an M1A and don't get the argument that about accuracy. 2-3 Moa on a human target is something Ill take all day. Same with my Mini. Will it clover leaf @ 100 yards? Nope. But will it hit a torso and put someone down...

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Wouldn't that be a Mosin Nagant?
    LOL,,,,yes you got me on this one for sure !!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast