Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
I am kind of surprised with some folks saying that they have never assembled an upper yet are big enough AR fans to be on this sight. I am far from the most mechanically inclined person, but I have built 9 uppers and 7 lowers. It really is not difficult, learn how you should assemble an upper and take your time. With that said, I have had issues with two builds. An AR.308 and an AR in 7.62x39. Figured out both in short order. You Tube and other places are great sources of information. It is also much easier to do things right with the correct tools. Premium parts make it easier, but not essential.
I like the gun, not the build. Outside of pulling the trigger I have no interest in majority of guns and even the few historical, unusual and cool guns I still only really want to see how they shoot. I don't care for diagnosing problems if one should arise. I'm not going to spend hours researching, asking online questions, trying different methods. I don't have the time and especially the patience. I'll simply buy one that works.

Way back maybe 10 years ago I picked up a Colt 6721. It had the old style thin plastic grip and I wanted to change it. Bought a Magpul grip and when I went to install it I had issues with that little spring. If it was mid day and the gun store was open I would have traded it in. Period! I finally got it but was so annoyed that I haven't touched that rifle since.

You know what a stock 6920 looks like? That's what all my ARs look like. I don't have the slightest interest in playing dress up with my firearms. A light and a RDS is as crazy as I get! I just like the pew pew pew part.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk