Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally have a Beretta 92 I can really Carry Beretta 92G- Elite Compact Langdon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    None really. I have three full sized guns so I was really looking for something trim. If I had no other 92s I’m sure I would have thought about it a lot more.
    Looking at the picture above I can't see an awful lot of size difference between the regular 92 and the 'compact' one.

Having a handful of full size 92's myself - They are not that hard to carry with the right holster.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    On paper, the full size is 0.45" longer than the compact. But actual measurement with a ruler and two guns are closer to 0.30" difference.

Height difference is 0.15", about 5/32".

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    On paper, the full size is 0.45" longer than the compact. But actual measurement with a ruler and two guns are closer to 0.30" difference.

That is what the difference looked like to me in the picture. A very, very small difference...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post

Exactly what turned me off to the compact.

Carries like a fullsize, reloads like a subcompact.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Before all this covid and race war panic buying, you could get a compact with rail (non LTT) for $500. I passed by many deals. I should have gotten one and put the TJIAB kit in.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Just so people who don't have two guns on hand know what we are talking about....

In terms of the grip length compared to a G19 (extremely similar in the hand)

IMG_5168 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

IMG_5169 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

The B92 is a bit larger in every dimension, but barely in grip length where it really counts for concealment (and you get a bit more barrel on the B92). In terms of the grip, if Beretta wasn't concerned about making the trigger guard large enough for gloved carry I don't think there would be any difference between it and the Glock.
    IMG_5155 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

In terms of the differences between the full sized 92 and the compact (basically G19 vs G17)

IMG_5179 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

IMG_5162 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    You’re gonna pinch your hand on a reload one time and you will do a lot of thinking on the speed of reloading that one. Ask me how I know...
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I hear ya on the reload. It took exactly one blood blister in the palm of my left hand to learn that. <insert sad face here>
    That's an easy fix with compact mags in gun while in the holster and full size mags in mag pouches, the added benefit to no more blood blistering is more rounds.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sikiguya View Post
    So, how much consideration did you give the Centurion version vs the Compact?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by ap1220 View Post
    This.

I am stuck between wanting a centurion or the compact so I haven’t purchased one yet. And I can’t afford both lol.
    This has been my dilemma, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Just so people who don't have two guns on hand know what we are talking about....

In terms of the grip length compared to a G19 (extremely similar in the hand)

<snip>
    So thanks for those photos (and review), I think...I was more or less settled on the Centurion now you got me looking at the Compact again.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    That's an easy fix with compact mags in gun while in the holster and full size mags in mag pouches, the added benefit to no more blood blistering is more rounds.
    Interesting you say that because that is how I do all my practice reloads since I only carry 17 or 18 round spare mags (I figure why not, if I am reloading after 15 rounds I must be in some serious trouble).
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    You have a holster for the new gun yet? Curious as to what you may have went with and how well that helps conceal things.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast