Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: If you carry a P365, what did it replace?

Feedback Score
    Went from Glock 19x to p365 mainly for easier concealed carry and still had a decent magazine capacity. Added an xl frame and a flat trigger. Runs great.
    Luck is for the unprepared

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Appreciate the responses. The XL is tempting, and I may grab one to try. I don't think i'll ever get rid of my Glock 19 with RMR, but it sounds like the 365 XL gets you almost the same capacity/capability, with a slightly slimmer overall profile.
    It may look small on paper. However a few tenths of an inch slimmer is a lot when you're carrying.

I carry the G32 and Shield 45 a lot less. Now that I have the P365XL.

I went with the XL because I felt it was the right size for my needs. It felt great in the hand. The slide length is a non issue for how I carry. Most sources report smoother recoil impulse. I have not shot the P365. So I can't compare. However I can say the P365XL has the best recoil impulse of any 9mm I have shot. I get a small velocity increase with the additional.6" of barrel.

For what its worth I think the P365X is the best looking.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Does anyone make different, aftermarket grip size modules? I've only ever seen one

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Wilson Combat grip module was an upgrade on my 365x.....haven't shot it yet, but like the feel and contact surfaces in my hand.

Trying to make a decision on a holster

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    One of my range buds carries one as I do.
    Hadn’t even shot the thing in 2 years.
    Last week we engaged targets from 20 to 2 yds on timer. Both were flawless, good hits.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

If you carry a P365, what did it replace?

I used to carry a G26, but now carry a P365 regular slide with the XL frame.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    One the endearing traits of the P365 (and variants) is a proper grip angle.
    ( :
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gsd2053 View Post
    It may look small on paper. However a few tenths of an inch slimmer is a lot when you're carrying.

I carry the G32 and Shield 45 a lot less. Now that I have the P365XL.

I went with the XL because I felt it was the right size for my needs. It felt great in the hand. The slide length is a non issue for how I carry. Most sources report smoother recoil impulse. I have not shot the P365. So I can't compare. However I can say the P365XL has the best recoil impulse of any 9mm I have shot. I get a small velocity increase with the additional.6" of barrel.

For what its worth I think the P365X is the best looking.
    It's funny, since this thread started last year, i have since sold my P365 and moved to the P365XL with 507k red dot and TLR-7sub. I found i was always carrying the P365 with the 12 round mag anyway, and i like the feel of the XL better, so went with that. Such a great carry gun.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    It's funny, since this thread started last year, i have since sold my P365 and moved to the P365XL with 507k red dot and TLR-7sub. I found i was always carrying the P365 with the 12 round mag anyway, and i like the feel of the XL better, so went with that. Such a great carry gun.
    I carry the exact same setup, and I completely agree. It's quickly growing into my favorite handgun I own, period. What holster are you using BTW B Cart? I am using a Werkz currently because that was all that was out when the tlr7 sub was released, but I see now many other companies have them.

I am really tempted to drop the coin when the XL Spectre comp model comes out soon, I like them that much. I'm interested to see how much flatter an already flat shooting P365xl shoots comped.
    Last edited by WickedWillis; 02-16-22 at 12:10.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I carry the exact same setup, and I completely agree. It's quickly growing into my favorite handgun I own, period. What holster are you using BTW B Cart? I am using a Werkz currently because that was all that was out when the tlr7 sub was released, but I see now many other companies have them.

I am really tempted to drop the coin when the XL Spectre comp model comes out soon, I like them that much. I'm interested to see how much flatter an already flat shooting P365xl shoots comped.
    Man, that XL Spectre comp looks amazing! And yes, i agree, my 365XL is definitely growing into my favorite handgun i own. It shoots so well. My 25 yard groups with it always impress me.

For the holster, i'm using a 4Bros kydex IWB holster (https://fourbrothersinc.com/), but i also don't remember there being many options available when i purchased it. It's been a good holster though!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Last year I bought my wife a Hellcat and just didn't like it very much and couldn't get a good light on it without a 3D printer. So I grabbed a XL and put a TLR7 sub on it along with a 407k. It's such a great little and capable package that I grabbed another one for my daughter who will be turning 21 in a couple weeks.
    USMC MSGT Ret. 1371

SEMPER PARATUS Certified AR-15 Armorer

"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." -Alexander Hamilton

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast