Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: If you carry a P365, what did it replace?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sapper36 View Post
    Last year I bought my wife a Hellcat and just didn't like it very much and couldn't get a good light on it without a 3D printer. So I grabbed a XL and put a TLR7 sub on it along with a 407k. It's such a great little and capable package that I grabbed another one for my daughter who will be turning 21 in a couple weeks.
    Now that's a good Dad!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    Man, that XL Spectre comp looks amazing! And yes, i agree, my 365XL is definitely growing into my favorite handgun i own. It shoots so well. My 25 yard groups with it always impress me.

For the holster, i'm using a 4Bros kydex IWB holster (https://fourbrothersinc.com/), but i also don't remember there being many options available when i purchased it. It's been a good holster though!
    How is the holster..with regards to comfort level, retention and draw? I am looking at this as well as TXC holsters. I prefer the DCC clips

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    How is the holster..with regards to comfort level, retention and draw? I am looking at this as well as TXC holsters. I prefer the DCC clips
    Well, it's the only holster i've had for this particular setup, so hard to compare it to other holsters, but so far it's been comfortable and easy to get on and off a belt. The retention with the appendix clip was too tight so i had to loosen the screws a bit, but now it's perfect. I don't know if it's the best option these days, but it was one of the only options for my setup at the time.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is a great thread. It makes me want to replace my XD, not because it ever failed me, but because everyone mentions how they are such crap.
    The 365X and XL look quite interesting. Wasn't the original 365 having issues with the striker dragging on the primers? Did anything ever come of that?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Restricted View Post
    Glock 43 to P365 to P365XL...XL is where it's at.
    Exactly.

Feedback Score
    Not going to say "replaced" but carried as an alternative to a Shield 1.0 in 9mm. P365X Both in crossbreed appendix holsters. Combat sights on the sig are tough to get used to after carrying the shield for so long.
    Guitars, cadillacs, and hillbilly music

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Arguably a G26 and G42.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I’ve carried several different guns over the last 15 years.

First was a G19, carried it for a couple years IWB Comptac holster.
    When Shields came out in 2012 I tried one in 40 cal because that’s all I could find at the time. It carried better than my G19, but I dreaded shooting it. I could have found a Shield in 9mm, but didn't. Instead, I sought the smallest and lightest possible carry gun out there. I scooped up a S&W Bodyguard in .380 ACP. It did not take long for me to feel inadequate with 380. But the Bodyguard is a nice pocket gun for church days when I tuck in my shirt all day. And I still primarily carried the Shield in summer and Glock OWB under a jacket in winter.

Last year I ended up with a 48 and a 43. I find the 48 to carry and shoot very similar to my G19, so I didn’t think it made sense, plus it only has 10 rounds unless you convert and commit to aftermarket parts. I made the 43/48 into my own 43x, same long grip prints as easy as a G19 on my skinny torso.

The 43 is a dream to carry and shoots much nicer than my 40 Shield. So I ditched the shield. I figured I found THE one with the 43. But I shoot it most comfortably only if I have a +1 Hyve mag extender. I've carried it for a couple years like that until just this month I dove in with a P365xl.

So far this one carries AND shoots like a dream; all stock! And it’s 12+1 with a flush mag. With the flush mag, the grip length is identical to my 43 with a hyve + 1 extender. The Sig trigger is leaps and bounds better than the Golck stock triggers too. Simply perfect. I think I found the one; again, haha.

The 365xl is it for me. I may get a 365 slide for it and make it a “365x” to see if I like that any better.
    Last edited by matemike; 02-23-22 at 08:11.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Glock 19 with RMR to P365XL with a 507K.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    For me it was the 9mm Shield. You?
    Some for me. I replaced my Shield. I have my Glock 43 still but it lives in another car and emergency pack I have.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast