Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA KS-47 Mods

Feedback Score
    I went ahead and ordered a KS47 lower and upper. On PSA’s web sight the question was asked if the lowers would work with AK74 mags and someone responded that it would and that they built a 5.45x39 upper that works with the KS47 lower. I also ordered some AK74 mags and if they do in fact work then I’ll but another KS47 upper and replace the barrel and bolt.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well good luck. Hopefully yours actually works with surplus AK mags and it's not like their other AKs

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Here is a link to the Firearms Blog piece on the 6.5 Grendel that was modified to use AK mags.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...l-ar-15-build/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    Here is a link to the Firearms Blog piece on the 6.5 Grendel that was modified to use AK mags.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...l-ar-15-build/
    Thanks for the link. I’ve read that. If 6.5 Grendel ammo wasn’t so expensive now that would be a good project. I have several 6.5 Grendel uppers but unfortunately I’m a little late to the party I never stocked up on 6.5 ammo when Wolf was selling for $0.25 a round.

5.45 should be a very similar mod as 6.5 Grendel. Barrel, bolt, and mags. It looks like the only mod to the lower would be the mag catch. Unfortunately psa does not sell individual parts for the KS47, so if I mess something up I’m stuck.

Considering that 7.62x39 is the closest thing to affordable ammo now it would be a good idea to have an AR chambered in that round.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Well good luck. Hopefully yours actually works with surplus AK mags and it's not like their other AKs

I didn't know they were having a problem with surplus mags with their AK's. I know that Smallarmssolutions did a great side by side on their KS47 x39 and PSA came out #1 over all the other brands.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post

Considering that 7.62x39 is the closest thing to affordable ammo now it would be a good idea to have an AR chambered in that round.
    Yeah boy! Love mine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    I didn't know they were having a problem with surplus mags with their AK's. I know that Smallarmssolutions did a great side by side on their KS47 x39 and PSA came out #1 over all the other brands.
    My experience.... quasi second hand.....is an example of one. After finding the problems the owner went online and found it wasn't uncommon. PSA said the rifles are optimized for Magpul. The owner brought the rifle in to work and I brought in a bunch of random mags. Korean, Romanian stick and drum Bulgarian stick and drum steel and polymer, Polish Magpul....etc. At this point I don't remember which fit but most didn't

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    My experience.... quasi second hand.....is an example of one. After finding the problems the owner went online and found it wasn't uncommon. PSA said the rifles are optimized for Magpul. The owner brought the rifle in to work and I brought in a bunch of random mags. Korean, Romanian stick and drum Bulgarian stick and drum steel and polymer, Polish Magpul....etc. At this point I don't remember which fit but most didn't
    Good to know. I sold my AK. Still have a bunch of Yugo, and other mags. PSA was on my list. I might need to rethink that. I'm not really in a hurry for one right now either. The KS's never did a thing to make me want one.

Feedback Score
    Good to know. I sold my AK. Still have a bunch of Yugo, and other mags. PSA was on my list. I might need to rethink that. I'm not really in a hurry for one right now either. The KS's never did a thing to make me want one.
    I sold my AK a long time ago as well and still have a bunch of steel mags, I’m not sure what they are probably chinese. I also have some of the steel and polymer Bulgarian mags. The AK74 mags that I ordered are plastic Bulgarian. So we will see what works. I’m hoping for the best.

Feedback Score
    I’ll have to check that out. I think that the CMMG mutant looks good as far as durability. But the weight and more importantly the proprietary parts makes it less interesting. Nutnfancy did several videos about 7.62x39 AR’s and the mutant had problems and PSA did well. Take it for what it’s worth.

If Knights Armament would sell their SR47 to the public I would be all over it. But unfortunately that’s not going to happen.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast