Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recommend me an optic ready handgun

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Doesn’t a milled slide mount the RMR lower? (Trying to think of advantages)
    I hear that often. Does it need to be any lower? Would a millimeter in height makes someone a faster, more accurate shooter?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    The height difference of a direct mill and MOS type of system is negligible. Most iron sight manufacturers have also consolidated with Glock MOS height (looking at Dawson and Ameriglo as the standard), which diminishes the argument of optic co-witness. Sight presentation is also a wash because an evenings worth of drawing will negate that.

Feedback Score
    Didn’t know Walther had an IOP setup.

Agreed on all points.

Add that the generic milling cut of MOS and others will not fit all sights tightly.
    Example front to back the vortex sights are longer than Trijicon, that means the screws are taking some abuse holding the trijicon in place.
    If they are milled the sight hits the front and back of the cut so the screws just hold it down.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    Add that the generic milling cut of MOS and others will not fit all sights tightly.
    Example front to back the vortex sights are longer than Trijicon, that means the screws are taking some abuse holding the trijicon in place.
    If they are milled the sight hits the front and back of the cut so the screws just hold it down.
    Sight specific aftermarket mounting plates make that a non-issue as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Sight specific aftermarket mounting plates make that a non-issue as well.
    Can you elaborate on how that is possible, please?

I'm thinking if the plate fits the milled hole but the sight doesn't, that would still allow the "possibility" of movement.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Can you elaborate on how that is possible, please?

I'm thinking if the plate fits the milled hole but the sight doesn't, that would still allow the "possibility" of movement.
    The plates that forward thinking companies produce fill those gaps. Forward Control Designs plate for example.

Feedback Score
    The plates that forward thinking companies produce fill those gaps. Forward Control Designs plate for example.
    Thank you.
    It looks like it's a U shape or L shape plate (can't see the rear lol) that fills the gap I am talking about.

I learned something new.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thank you.
    It looks like it's a U shape or L shape plate (can't see the rear lol) that fills the gap I am talking about.

I learned something new.
    Mine is very snug. It required me to do some fitting to get the sight on the plate. FCD tells you on their site that you may need to do this. I have a pretty solid background in machining, and can say without actual experience with a milled slide, the FCD plate easily supports an RMR front to back just as good as a milled slide.

Feedback Score
    Mine is very snug. It required me to do some fitting to get the sight on the plate. FCD tells you on their site that you may need to do this. I have a pretty solid background in machining, and can say without actual experience with a milled slide, the FCD plate easily supports an RMR front to back just as good as a milled slide.
    If you have to fit the plate, I would think that would mean a tighter fit, so that's a good thing.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Forgot to close this out.

I got a Walther PDP Compact a few weeks ago.

So far I'm really liking it. Got a Tenicore Velo 4 holster for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast