Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recommend me an optic ready handgun

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Glock MOS with an aftermarket plate such as the one from FCD.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm digging my S&W M&P 2.0 pro.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpgm View Post
    I'm digging my S&W M&P 2.0 pro.

jpgm
    There's a lot of value in that package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I think the PDP would be a great choice for a dot gun. That's what it was designed for. They're not even going to offer it without the optic plate cut. Of course, there are many other great options out there, like the Glock 19 MOS, Sig p320 line, M&P 2.0, etc.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Gen 5 G19 MOS with aftermarket plate.

Why is this even a question? They’re like $400 on GT DIST too if you qualify.

Feedback Score
    G19.5 with FCD plate & Apex trigger.
    Walther PDP & new iron sights.
    Arex Delta M gen2
    Last edited by .XL; 02-18-21 at 09:50.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    How can some of you recommend something in good faith that you have no experience with, is not vetted by anyone except for a handful of people who’ve been given the gun for free, and is not even available yet?

The G19 has been in LE used for almost 30 years. The PDP was announced like 30 hours ago.

Not trolling here. Genuinely would like to know.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    How can some of you recommend something in good faith that you have no experience with, is not vetted by anyone except for a handful of people who’ve been given the gun for free, and is not even available yet?

The G19 has been in LE used for almost 30 years. The PDP was announced like 30 hours ago.

Not trolling here. Genuinely would like to know.
    Because the people that played with it are part of the cool kids clubs on The Gram, and people here are okay recommending based purely on spec sheet stats, I guess.

Realistically, the PDP is a relatively safe bet. It's from a quality manufacturer, and is really nothing more than a reskinned PPQ. While it doesn't have the track record of the Glock 19, realistically the Glock doesn't have a 30 year pedigree either, given the different generations and rolling revs within.

On paper, the PDP looks like a pretty good out the box option, with less of it needing modification for the in vogue features, but I don't see it being significantly better than the current crop of modern polymer SFA guns:
    • Walter PDP
    • SIG P320
    • H&K VP9
    • Beretta APX
    • S&W M&P 2.0
    • CZ P10
    • FN 509

If it were me, the choice would be easy, the VP9, due to having paddle magazine releases. The M&P 2.0 would be the second choice, given the ability to add a manual safety, P320 third because I'm more leery of it and the safety looks less ergonomic.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 02-18-21 at 10:48.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I grabbed a factory 2020 slide for my VP9 last year and have been running it with an RMR. The suppressor-height XS sights are a little too short (shoots high) but overall it works well and I like it. I went that route 'cause I had the VP9, I like the VP9, and the factory slide was cheaper than getting a whole separate gun and also less questionable than some of the aftermarket Glock slides seem. Plus it seemed like a good idea to have the ability to switch back and forth between optic and iron-sighted slides. I wasn't sold on the idea of the RDS at the time, but it's growing on me.

If you just want to buy a known-solid gun, slap an optic on it, and shoot the shit out of it, it seems hard to beat a Glock MOS.
    Last edited by kerplode; 02-18-21 at 11:12.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That PDP is calling my name!!! Love the look, would like to get some trigger time to see if I like it enough for duty use with an SRO !!
    "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"....Mike Tyson

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast