Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recommend me an optic ready handgun

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have a 4" Compact PDP coming in tomorrow. I'm going to jump the PDP slide between the PDP frame and my PPQ M1 frame, as I understand the slides and frames are compatible between the PPQ and the Compact PDP. I have a bunch of M1 mags and am used to the paddle mag release (also have a VP9 with the paddles).
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

2021 Recommend me an optic ready handgun

With regards to the PDP, it's really like a Gen5 or gen 6 P99 without the double action trigger mode. As Obiwan would say, from a certain point of view.

The PPQ was really just a P99 SAO.

Am very comfortable giving it as much credit as say a Gen5 Glock.

I've owned both the P99 AS and PPQ M1. Great guns.

Also owned a gen 4 Glock 19 MOS. I was lukewarm to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mig1nc; 02-18-21 at 12:28.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ended up buying a PDP last night. Paid $588 before taxes. This will be my first go with an optic on a pistol and if it goes well I'm gonna get my p10 milled for on.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    I have a 4" Compact PDP coming in tomorrow. I'm going to jump the PDP slide between the PDP frame and my PPQ M1 frame, as I understand the slides and frames are compatible between the PPQ and the Compact PDP. I have a bunch of M1 mags and am used to the paddle mag release (also have a VP9 with the paddles).
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for PDP M1, that would be my choice for an optic ready pistol. I'm going to hold off on the Glock MOS for a while in hopes for an M1. I'll most likely end up with a G19 MOS, already have a FCD plate in prep.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpgm View Post
    I'm digging my S&W M&P 2.0 pro.

jpgm
    I love my performance center pro, but it has a mile long take up.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed for PDP M1, that would be my choice for an optic ready pistol. I'm going to hold off on the Glock MOS for a while in hopes for an M1. I'll most likely end up with a G19 MOS, already have a FCD plate in prep.
    If you're waiting for a paddle version, go ahead and get the G19 MOS. They have no current plans for a paddle version.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    How can some of you recommend something in good faith that you have no experience with, is not vetted by anyone except for a handful of people who’ve been given the gun for free, and is not even available yet?

The G19 has been in LE used for almost 30 years. The PDP was announced like 30 hours ago.

Not trolling here. Genuinely would like to know.
    Personally, because of my experience with numerous PPQs and Walther's track record with the PPQ and P99. It's essentially a revamped PPQ, so they're building off of a strong foundation. I've also spoken with Cody Osborn, their marketing manager several times, and he's always been super helpful and makes himself available for the simplest questions. The one time I've dealt with their CS is when I goofed and lost the plunger for the rear sight. They sent me one for free within two days.

In short, they've earned my trust.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I already owned a Glock 19, and heard the MOS plate are weak.

Shoots like a dream.

Last edited by turnburglar; 02-19-21 at 15:09.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I personally like the Glock 19 MOS Gen 5.... pretty much proven platform and cost effective

Feedback Score
    The G19.5 MOS with an aftermarket plate is the minimum baseline for an optics ready gun. As with all baselines, there are those who are moving past it. I also would add the new Walther PDP as it's an evolution of the PPQ series guns along with the Sig P320 RXP or X-series guns. I've had a few P320s and they've never let me down. I have a single X-Compact now with a R1P mounted. I have minimal experience with the VP9s, other than having shot a buddy's a few times. They just never took for me. I have virtually zero experience with the M&Ps and can't speak to those.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast