Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Recommend me an optic ready handgun

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    Glock 19 MOS or a Walther PDP.
    +1 Agree with above

Feedback Score

2021 Recommend me an optic ready handgun

One gun that is rarely mentioned is Canik TP9. I’m hearing very positive comments for it from people who have both experience and access to some very nice guns. It seems to be reliable, accurate, and very easy to shoot accurately. I do not have personal experience with it, but feel tempted to give it a try.
    Last edited by Titan74; 02-21-21 at 01:48.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan74 View Post
    One gun that is rarely mentioned is Canik TP9. I’m hearing very positive comments for it from people who have both experience and access to some very nice guns. It seems to be reliable, accurate, and very easy to shoot accurately. I do not have personal experience with it, but feel tempted to give it a try.
    My opinion of the TP9 is, if you have budget for it, why choose it over a PPQ or PDP?

It's basically just a Turkish copy of the PPQ. Now, if they made an optics ready TP9DA I would buy the hell out of it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    You could probably buy a Canik with an RDS with that budget. I still have not bought one, partly because I do not believe I’d get parts or warranty service if I needed those, and partly because I do not want to support the Turkish government. That said, I know many shooters who pick the Canik for club matches, when they could just as well have chosen a PPQ or STI. They seem to be very happy and so far the guns have been trouble free.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Gen 5 G19 MOS with aftermarket plate.

Why is this even a question? They’re like $400 on GT DIST too if you qualify.
    I'd argue that Walther's IOP pricing rivals a Glock blue label after buying a $70 + shipping aftermarket MOS optic plate. Let the consumers buy the PDP so we have better insight rather than hearing about the P&S circle jerk or YouTube "reviewers" "first thoughts."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan74 View Post
    You could probably buy a Canik with an RDS with that budget. I still have not bought one, partly because I do not believe I’d get parts or warranty service if I needed those, and partly because I do not want to support the Turkish government. That said, I know many shooters who pick the Canik for club matches, when they could just as well have chosen a PPQ or STI. They seem to be very happy and so far the guns have been trouble free.
    That's a fair point... Maybe this brings to mind looking at a full system approach.

I think the TP9 Elite SC can use PPQ mags, right? Sticking out.

Maybe a Walther PDP 18 Rd for gaming, home defense, and winter carry, paired with a TP9 Elite SC for summer carry? Put a Holosun HS507K on the SC and 509 on the Walther.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Gen 5 Glock 19 Non-mos. Send slide off for machining.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Gen 5 Glock 19 Non-mos. Send slide off for machining.
    With the availability of quality aftermarket mounting plates, is milling worth the cost? I have a 19 with RMR on a Forward Control Design mounting plate. I have not shot one with a milled slide, so I can’t make any comparison. I haven’t experienced any downside to the setup I have.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    With the availability of quality aftermarket mounting plates, is milling worth the cost? I have a 19 with RMR on a Forward Control Design mounting plate. I have not shot one with a milled slide, so I can’t make any comparison. I haven’t experienced any downside to the setup I have.
    Hard no.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    I'd argue that Walther's IOP pricing rivals a Glock blue label after buying a $70 + shipping aftermarket MOS optic plate. Let the consumers buy the PDP so we have better insight rather than hearing about the P&S circle jerk or YouTube "reviewers" "first thoughts."
    Didn’t know Walther had an IOP setup.

Agreed on all points.

Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Hard no.
    Doesn’t a milled slide mount the RMR lower? (Trying to think of advantages)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast