Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2021 Recommend me an optic ready handgun

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    This thread move me to G34 Gen 5 MOS, Holosun 509T and CCW Plate. Installed everything during the week let it cure and took to the plate rack on Sunday. Never shot a handgun with an optic and it was right on at 10 yard plates, so no zeroing required yet. Way different with an optic and 509T seems like a solid choice.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    This thread move me to G34 Gen 5 MOS, Holosun 509T and CCW Plate. Installed everything during the week let it cure and took to the plate rack on Sunday. Never shot a handgun with an optic and it was right on at 10 yard plates, so no zeroing required yet. Way different with an optic and 509T seems like a solid choice.
    Yeah funny story. I always heard about the open emitter problem.

Well, wouldn't you know it my buddy and I went to the range. First outing with the PDP.

It was raining and a rain drop went in the emitter of his holosun 507C and then he had three dots in his window.

Really made me think about getting a 509.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Glock 45

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A bit late to the party here and the OP already got his new gat, but yesterday I was at the range at work and got to shoot a couple guns we have for T&E. The CZ P10c immediately stood out to me. Amazing gun. It's the first Glock 19 sized gun that I can get a good grip on with my large hands. It shot amazing. Good trigger and good sights. I cant say it's better than a Glock 19, PDP, P320 or the others... but if one is in market for a 19 size gun, the P10c should definitely be considered.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Another contender is the M&P 2.0 Compact version that is optics ready. Comes w suppressor height sights, useful for both when the red dot sight has issues as well as an aid in finding the red dot during the learning phase, or when presentation is less than ideal.

Mark

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    Another contender is the M&P 2.0 Compact version that is optics ready. Comes w suppressor height sights, useful for both when the red dot sight has issues as well as an aid in finding the red dot during the learning phase, or when presentation is less than ideal.

Mark
    You know, it's funny but literally right after I bought by PDP Smith released the Shield Plus.

I know it's a different animal but given similar texture, grip angle, etc, I kind of wished I went with A pair with the 2.0C CORE with a Shield Plus just to simplify transitions.

That said, I'm pretty happy with the PDP.

Lots of good options out there these days

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    You know, it's funny but literally right after I bought by PDP Smith released the Shield Plus.

I know it's a different animal but given similar texture, grip angle, etc, I kind of wished I went with A pair with the 2.0C CORE with a Shield Plus just to simplify transitions.

That said, I'm pretty happy with the PDP.

Lots of good options out there these days

I just wish Walther would hurry up and do a PDP single stack about the size of a 43x to replace the PPS... we all know it’s coming sooner or later.

Feedback Score
    I love my Px4, but it's like a lost relic of an ancient civilization.

Now if Glock can bring that Glock 46 to the US, I would give my left lung and kidneys for one.

I've shot the P10C, felt great. That gun is meant to "fit inside" a G19 holster. The Front cocking serrations are great, and I love how aggressive the grip texture is. Trigger feel great, and it does come with metal sights, instead of Austrian plastic dove-tail protectors.

I would still do a G19 Gen5 or G45 since glock mags are affordable. I'm still paranoid about having steel mag feed lips being deformed when they hit the deck.
    Any Glock MOS edition, I would still use the chpws mount plates.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boosterboy View Post
    I love my Px4, but it's like a lost relic of an ancient civilization.

Now if Glock can bring that Glock 46 to the US, I would give my left lung and kidneys for one.

I've shot the P10C, felt great. That gun is meant to "fit inside" a G19 holster. The Front cocking serrations are great, and I love how aggressive the grip texture is. Trigger feel great, and it does come with metal sights, instead of Austrian plastic dove-tail protectors.

I would still do a G19 Gen5 or G45 since glock mags are affordable. I'm still paranoid about having steel mag feed lips being deformed when they hit the deck.
    Any Glock MOS edition, I would still use the chpws mount plates.
    I saw that Langdon does an optic cut for the PX4. But it isn't very deep.

I see you are a fan of the finer shooting arts.

My other EDC is a P-01. Every time I notice CZ post something on the gram I tell them to hurry up and make an optics ready P-01.

An OR PX4 would also be an amazing thing.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456