Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: APC9K Pro vs MPX-K

Feedback Score

APC9K Pro vs MPX-K

I would like a top of the line braced pistol, but having difficulty choosing between a Sig MPX-K and a B&T APC9K Pro. I like the Sig, but it’s drawbacks are 1) it’s a Sig, so parts support will dry up once Sig moves on to the next hotness, 2) it’s seems that these supposedly tend to break, but that could be just older ones, as Sig does continually update without SKU changes and 3) mags are pricey Lancers, but at least they are top notch. That brings to the APC9K. It’s drawbacks are 1) these are insultingly expensive. Yadda Yadda.....Swiss manufacture. C’mon, it’s just a freaking extruded aluminum blowback gun with a hydraulic buffer. 2) mags are expensive, but cheaper than Sig, but these are far from bombproof like the Lancers. And 3) B&T doesn’t always think things thru, like folding braces and stock tend to obscure the controls when folded, which to give Sig credit, the folders don’t obscure anything.

So which is the better choice? Thoughts??

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Not sure where you are located, but hit the local ranges and see if they have one to rent. Nothing like time behind the trigger to figure out what's best for you. There are a few other choices you didn't mention maybe on the rental shelf, never know may like one of them as well.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlrflyer View Post
    I would like a top of the line braced pistol, but having difficulty choosing between a Sig MPX-K and a B&T APC9K Pro. I like the Sig, but it’s drawbacks are 1) it’s a Sig, so parts support will dry up once Sig moves on to the next hotness, 2) it’s seems that these supposedly tend to break, but that could be just older ones, as Sig does continually update without SKU changes and 3) mags are pricey Lancers, but at least they are top notch. That brings to the APC9K. It’s drawbacks are 1) these are insultingly expensive. Yadda Yadda.....Swiss manufacture. C’mon, it’s just a freaking extruded aluminum blowback gun with a hydraulic buffer. 2) mags are expensive, but cheaper than Sig, but these are far from bombproof like the Lancers. And 3) B&T doesn’t always think things thru, like folding braces and stock tend to obscure the controls when folded, which to give Sig credit, the folders don’t obscure anything.

So which is the better choice? Thoughts??
    Sounds like you just wanna buy something cheap.

Get the Sig.

PS I have an APC9k with the collapsible stock and can shoot/use the controls with it extended or collapsed. I also had an APC9 with a folding stock that didn’t have any issues either. Not sure what you mean about “obscure the controls when folded”.

Feedback Score
    I'd look at the Stribog too. I like some of these, but I'll stick with my colt mag QC10 sbr.

If I was gonna add another PCC or braced pistol thereof, I'd probably get a K-USA KP-9. My neck is kinda red though.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Good analysis, which I cannot disagree with. I went through the same mental exercise.

B&T is overall a decent but imperfect platform, most especially the magazines. Coming from a B&T owner with a past mag cracking issue.

SIG? No way. They have refined their business model to “voluntary upgrades” and rainbow-colored guns of the week - upscale guns is not their market niche since 2005 or so. They are the Walmart of the US firearms industry - decent mass market guns at low margins. They’ve pushed their innovation to an extreme that I do not embrace, extreme offshoring and questionable design.

If you are wedded to these choices, I would still take B&T, as they have a track record of support. They adopted orphaned platforms with the Sphinx, SPP, MP5 and blowback sub guns; they seem to have a supportable business model. As well, the B&T fan base may be smaller and less rabid than SIG, but likely more invested into the platforms and long term support (ie, much more collector or prosumer focused).

If you want a forever platform, the MP5 is likely to be the standard in 20 years. The Kurz is a heavy beast and might have been a bag gun in 1975, but not today. There is multiple rationale for the MP7 or B&T taking over that role.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Every time that the APC9 comes up, there is so much discussion about how bad the mags are. You can buy an APC9/K from the factory with a Glock lower. Glock mags are easy to find, inexpensive and reliable.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    If you are worried about mag prices/durability why not consider the B&T APC9k Pro that uses Glock mags?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    If you are worried about mag prices/durability why not consider the B&T APC9k Pro that uses Glock mags?
    Or Sig P3XX mags?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by methical20 View Post
    Every time that the APC9 comes up, there is so much discussion about how bad the mags are. You can buy an APC9/K from the factory with a Glock lower. Glock mags are easy to find, inexpensive and reliable.
    What problems have people had with APC9 mags?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    What problems have people had with APC9 mags?
    If my post insinuated that I have personally had issues with them, I have not. I opted for a Glock lower as that suits my needs better and I have been satisfied with my choice. APC9K PRO with a Glock lower and an Aimpoint is probably my favorite gun that I own.

I hear complaints of springs popping out of the bottom and feed lips cracking. I tend not to buy in to those reports based on the TP9/MP9 and APC variants being carried professionally. It sounds like Yoni and his crew probably have more time with TP9/APC9 magazines than anyone else on this site and he has no concerns with them.

OPs main concerns were the "bombproof"-ness of the magazines and the cost. The Glock/P320 lower addresses both of his concerns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast