Thread: Robinson XCR-L and Cetme LC

Feedback Score

Robinson XCR-L and Cetme LC

Two SBR's that I ordered arrived at my local gun store, so I went by to fondle them and fill out the paperwork. The first is a Robinson XCR-L in 7.62x39. Interestingly, they made it to my exact specifications and didn't require any sort of deposit.

The second is a Marcolmar Cetme LC. When I placed the order, they said the wait would be four weeks, but it showed up within a week. I had to pay for this one entirely in advance, but no big deal given that they were so prompt. Though it's not technically "correct", I elected to get a rail on top of the receiver.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    You are a fancy dude.

When will you get to shoot that CETME? I’ve been eyeing one for a while but can’t find any solid reports on accuracy and especially reliability.

Feedback Score
    I have a Cetme L as well. It's 100% reliable. I can't really speak to the accuracy though because I have not yet put an optic on it. I think the Cetme L is a good buy at $1,350. Unless you're picky about it being absolutely correct, be sure to get the one with the rail. I really like it from a historical standpoint. Once Marcolmar runs out of kits, there will be no more.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've always been fascinated by the XCR. These days though, I wonder about choosing it over something like an MCX or Bren-2.

So you have those others as well? Curious to read your opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have a 7.62x39 Bren2 with the 11" barrel. I got the stamp, but the buttstock and 922 compliance parts are not available. I'm using 7.62x39 AR15 magazines for it, but still need a US trigger group and buttstock. It's really hard to say how it feels given the lack of a buttstock, but I don't care for the front handguard area. There's no real way to mount something to the rails to help with the grip. I am one of the fortunate ones who got one that runs great and isn't over gassed at all. Based only on fondling the XCR-L, I think that I like the feel of it better.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice! I have a CETME L, LC and LV. Impeccable build quality and tack drivers once broken in. I've been considering buying another LC as an investment since it's the lowest production (and coolest) of the kits Marcolmar is doing (and almost out of)
    | 92 - Billennium | Steel-I/96 Stock | WC BrigTac| Elite II | 90-Two G | Inox Brig |
    | 85FS Cheetah | 71 Jaguar | 21a Bobcat | 3032 Tomcat | Model 90 Armi Roma |
    | Sig - 551-A1 ODG | P553 | 522 | P320 FDE |
    | Noveske 10.5" Pistol | AP 12.5" | AP Tungsten SPR | DDM4 V7 in MSP & Elcan |
    | 308 - DSA FAL & Steyr Scout in grey |

Feedback Score
    I was able to fire both rifles yesterday at my dealer's indoor range. I can't say enough about the ergonomics of the XCR-L. I'm literally looking at buying a 308Win chambered XCR-M now. I can't wait to get it home. The Cetme LC was fun to shoot as well. The ergonomics were obviously not as good as those of the XCR-L, but they were pretty good. The Cetme LC feels like it weighs twice as much as the XCR-L. I need optics for both of these rifles, so I'm open to suggestions.

Feedback Score
    I finally got them both home and decided to put a 3X ACOG on the XCR-L.