Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther Arms new PDP

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Just played with one in the shop. Trigger was excellent. Everything else seemed like more of the same, even a bit clunky. Again, just playing with one in the shop. OTOH, the all steel SF was seriously tempting other that the cost.
    Clunky and conceal carry don’t go together well. That was my concern, since videos show a larger profile of the slide compared to the PPQ.

I’ll see if my LGS has one tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Clunky and conceal carry don’t go together well. That was my concern, since videos show a larger profile of the slide compared to the PPQ.
    It sure seemed bigger. It kind of reminded me of the Massada to be honest with you. Not turrrible, but it was a chunk. Now that trigger...it was glorious.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    What has been said above is why I’m hoping Walther offers one that is more concealed-carry oriented and in a Glock 48/43x or Sig P365 sized package. To me, that is the most obvious direction one would consider them moving toward when it comes to expanding the PDP line of pistols and replacing the PPQ line.

Feedback Score
    Did anybody get any decent range time with one yet?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    I'll be shooting my two this week. I wasn't able to sneak away on duty over the weekend to use our range. I'm going to try to remember to take some comparison photos with the PDP Compact and Full Size with my G17.5 and G19.5 during my days off.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I had planned to hit the range with mine, but it arrived two days later than estimated, so it wasn't here in time for that range trip. I'm hoping to get it out soon and run it through the paces.

Feedback Score
    He's correct. I have one and it's awesome. The PDP looks like they copied the VP9 in some respects. My favorite Walther lately is the PPS M2. Super slim and gets on target quickly.

Feedback Score
    Any concern for the lack of lugs on the slide to interface with the optic plates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes. Best shooting out of the box striker pistol I have ever shot. I thought enough of the PDP that I bought a second full size and a Compact.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Any concern for the lack of lugs on the slide to interface with the optic plates?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you're on IG, go watch the @waltherarms latest live video. They addressed it on there. They said that due to the tapered screws they use, as the screws tighten down on the plate, it pushes the plate up against the front of the cutout, where most of the force occurs.

They also said they have tested the pistols extensively without any plate issues. I believe he said some of the pistols tested in Germany have over 70,000 rounds plus their defense division guys having over 10,000 rounds on a few of their PDPs without any plate issues.

On a separate topic, I have the full size PDP, and the 18 round mags aren't available quite yet. I was looking at the Canik 18 rounders, and they appear to be identical. If anyone has some of them, would you mind testing to see how they function in the PDP?

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast