Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther Arms new PDP

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I was able to put a few rounds through one a work Friday. To me the PDP felt just as snappy as the PPQ with a much better feeling grip. Ammo was 115gr Lawman. If you like Walthers you will probably love the PDP. David

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    I was able to put a few rounds through one a work Friday. To me the PDP felt just as snappy as the PPQ with a much better feeling grip. Ammo was 115gr Lawman. If you like Walthers you will probably love the PDP. David
    So no change in the muzzle flip? It’s the sole reason I run the Glock 19 over the PPQ. PPQ is probably more accurate with a better stock trigger. I’ll wait for PointBlank to get a range rental before buying one.

Thanks

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    A lot of the muzzle flip on a P99/PPQ/PDP is due to the stepped chamber, which adds about 30fps to a standard 9mm load and bumps it a big chunk of the way toward a +P load.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    So no change in the muzzle flip?
    Not that I could tell. Caporider's plus P reference is a good analogy. 115gr range ammo jumps in your hand like shooting +P with the Walther compared to a G19 or in my case a MR918. Daivd

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    A lot of the muzzle flip on a P99/PPQ/PDP is due to the stepped chamber, which adds about 30fps to a standard 9mm load and bumps it a big chunk of the way toward a +P load.
    VP9 has a stepped chamber, and it doesn’t suffer the same recoil implies as a PPQ.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitehorne View Post
    Well that settles it.

I'll stay with my M&P 2.0s and VP9

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Can anyone with a PPQ who has handled the PDP comment on the removal of the finger grooves? Entirely subjective, but they work for me on the PPQ.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    GJM, who posted earlier in this thread, called me 2 days ago and said in a voice full of quiet excitement "YVK, you know I don't split that fast. With this PDP, I was shooting 0.14th in practice today".

Now back to a discussion about muzzle flip.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Can anyone with a PPQ who has handled the PDP comment on the removal of the finger grooves? Entirely subjective, but they work for me on the PPQ.
    I like the finger grooves on the PPQ as well but didn’t even notice them not being there on the PDP. The grooves/swells on the sides of the grip were more noticeable. In fact, I had to look at my PPQ when I got home to see if it had them. I think it might have to do with the new texture making them feel more pronounced.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    GJM, who posted earlier in this thread, called me 2 days ago and said in a voice full of quiet excitement "YVK, you know I don't split that fast. With this PDP, I was shooting 0.14th in practice today".

Now back to a discussion about muzzle flip.
    This. I've heard this from numerous people who've tried out the PPQ and/or PDP.

I think too much of a big deal is made of muzzle flip and bore axis. Time your splits. Check your accuracy. Use that data to determine how much muzzle flip really matters. I think you'll find it's less than you think.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast