Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Walther Arms new PDP

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    FYi, if you go to the “Product Insight” section of the “Campus” page on Walther’s site there’s a new article about the stress testing and design of their plate mounting system for anyone with concerns.
    Last edited by HCrum87hc; 03-17-21 at 16:38.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HCrum87hc View Post
    This. I've heard this from numerous people who've tried out the PPQ and/or PDP.

I think too much of a big deal is made of muzzle flip and bore axis. Time your splits. Check your accuracy. Use that data to determine how much muzzle flip really matters. I think you'll find it's less than you think.
    I found that while I could split extremely fast with a PPQ the shot dispersion was significantly higher than with a Glock or m&p at a speed. Absolute split times (how fast I can pull the trigger and break the next shot) were very fast with me for the PPQ. Split times with a given level of precision however were mediocre. This was because for me the bottleneck was the sites returning to zero rather than the trigger reset. Of course this is all incredibly subjective and relative to the interaction between an individual's hands size, hand shape, grip technique and the pistol itself. Everyone experiences these things a little differently. A lot of people say the PPQ is snappy but I actually found it pretty soft but slow to return to zero.

I am however looking forward to trying the PDP. Perhaps the longer grip and heavier slide will yield different results?
    Last edited by calvin118; 03-17-21 at 20:38.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    In my neck of the woods when people talk about splits, that implies some criterion of accuracy. I myself, and everyone I shoot with, are not interested in splits irrespective of hits. In the above example, those 0.14th were on an A zone.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hi-wayman View Post
    I have been considering going to an optics mounted pistol and this seems the answer. Just unsure how it'll fare with my astigmatism.

I currently have a PPQ M2 and it is one of my favorite pistols. I have 10 17rd magazines that would work in the compact. What would the full size bring other than one more round?

Where are you finding these in stock?

Any recommendations on which red dot is best for stigmatism?
    Of all places, Cabela's has the 4in compact model in the display case at the local store here!
    "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth"....Mike Tyson

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    FYI, regarding the Canik mags, I had issues with them today. They’d drop during recoil. I was afraid it was my grip on the mag release, but even adjusting my grip it did it again. The two Walther mags did not have this issue.

Edit: when I got home, I did some looking. When I insert the Canik mags, they lock in fine, but they would not allow the mag release button to fully return to its fully extended position upon seating the mag. The Walther mags don’t have that problem. I decided to take them apart to see what is different besides the base plates. I discovered the Canik mag spring is about 1.5” longer than the Walther mag spring. I’m hearing they’re working fine for a lot of people, but I’m not one of them.

Edit 2: I spoke with someone at Walther who told me that the Canik base plates are a tad thick for the PDP and just need to be filed down a bit.

Edit 3: The thicker base plates were not my issue. I removed the base plates and mag innards to compare the mag release cut outs and found the Canik cut out is slightly higher and does not go as far in towards the mid line of the magazine. I decided to do some mag surgery. Lowering the bottom of the mag release cutout did not solve anything, so I dremeled the cutout farther into the middle of the magazine, and that did the trick. So, if you're having issues with the Canik mags dropping out during shooting, this should fix you up.
    Last edited by HCrum87hc; 03-29-21 at 10:24.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Double tap

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Just got back from the range. Put my first round through my 4" compact. Very easy to shoot with an excellent trigger. I shot it well immediately. Going to upgrade the sights and install a Holosun 509t very soon. So far I am highly impressed.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    Just got back from the range. Put my first round through my 4" compact. Very easy to shoot with an excellent trigger. I shot it well immediately. Going to upgrade the sights and install a Holosun 509t very soon. So far I am highly impressed.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    Yep, 509T for the win. Make sure you get the dedicated plate; I'd recommend against stacking the Holosun adapter plate onto a Walther RMR plate.

Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Double post. Odd.
    Last edited by caporider; 03-27-21 at 19:16. Reason: Double post
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast