Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Walther Arms new PDP

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Double

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    Glad a lot of y’all are liking the new PDP. I’m pretty much a Glock shooter with a lot of them in the safe. I also have a PPQ M2 and an XDm compact. I like them all but i shoot Glocks almost all the time. That said, I’m open to the idea of adding the PDP to my safe.

Regarding muzzle flip...what is this about? All guns have some degree of flip. Assuming the same ammo is used, three factors come to mind for me...weight of gun (especially the slide), grip angle, and shooter grip pressure. Easy answer is hold the gun tighter or get a heavier gun. When you say the Walther is more floppy than a Glock, I suspect that’s because the grip angle on the Glocks (at least for me) tend to point higher than the Walther or the XDm. That causes me to have developed a more forward, downward grip which I believe makes me kinda ‘torque down’ the front of the gun more...bracing my wrists more. Again, my perspective. But after listening to Rob Leatham on several podcasts, he is a huge proponent of a very tight grip on the gun. Maybe that would help.

My issue with the PPQ M2 is the grip texture (too smooth) and the trigger reset (too long). But as the PDP is aggressively textured and a shortened reset, I may look at it again. I am generally more accurate (by a small degree) with the Walther vrs. A G19. Probably not enough to worry about, but like LAV says, “...accuracy is final!”

Not trying to troll...just contribute some thoughts to the discussion.

FWIW: GT Distributors sells PPQ’s to First Responders and Mil for $409. That’s where I bought mine when picking up my BL Glocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is pretty much my POV on the muzzle flip complaints. It's a non issue for me, but to each their own. I will say the PDP has a similar recoil impulse to the PPQ, and the slide of the PDP is lighter than the PPQ's. The 4.5" full size PDP is lighter overall than the 4" PPQ M2.

In regards to the texturing, it's phenomenal. My one complaint with the PPQ was also the anemic grip texture, which is why I had both of my PPQs stippled. Walther definitely heard that complaint and made it one of the best features of the PDP. If you haven't handled one, I highly recommend it.

The trigger is definitely better than the PPQ side by side. Reset and take up are shorter, and the wall is more crisp/solid, which I prefer.

Feedback Score
    509T just arrived and plate ordered from CHPW for a PDP and for a Glock.

Still on the look out for a compact PDP, nothing local, more to follow I'm sure.

Feedback Score
    I did get to handle a PDP locally but was a compact frame and 5" slide, I did not like the setup but I did like the grip and feel.
    Last edited by awmp; 04-20-21 at 15:13.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314