Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther Arms new PDP

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    If I understand correctly, this will be a replacement for the PPQ. Considering the 15 round mag and barrel are from the PPQ and the trigger is a progression from the PPQ’s, this seems like a good move, though perhaps they wool keep the PPQ SF models for competition. I hope/imagine they’ll have a subcompact out in a year or so.
    Yes, they will be phasing out the PPQ in favor of the PDP and keeping the SF series. I think I also read they'll be keeping the poly Q5 as well. I've heard rumor that a 43x/p365 contender will be announced later this year, but nothing concrete.

Also, Kyle Katarn ftw.

Feedback Score
    I hope Walther has run this new gun through enough testing that we don't get any recalls or "safety upgrades".

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I hope Walther has run this new gun through enough testing that we don't get any recalls or "safety upgrades".
    They are Walther, not Sig or S&W.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    These have been in the wild for a few months now being tested by various respectable names in the training industry. Yes, they were given the guns for T&E, but I find these people to be well respected and trustworthy, particularly Matt Landfair, Bill Blowers, Nick Young, and Scott Jedlinski. I don't think they'd put their names behind inferior products. The fact that they're essentially a PPQ M3, I'd like to think they'll be solid since they're built on a solid base.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I've been wanting to pick up a PPQ M1 but will be hitting the brake on that and hopefully they will follow up with a PDP M1 which I'll be all over.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I think from a marketing perspective Walther needs to really focus on improving a single model rather than the endless proliferation of different models.
    Spot on.

Feedback Score
    Walther has a pretty good track record with it's designs. About the only recent duds I can think of are the budget/entry level PPX and it's recontoured successor, the Creed. I have a PPX and it's a reliable and accurate gun, but it was a sales flop for Walther. "Oversized and too damn ugly" are a description that I've heard.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Did he buy it?
    Probably not since they are a sponsor of P&S and he openly talks about it. With that out of the way, I bought 2 PDPs, a compact and a full size. The triggers really are that good. I've shot Glock Gen 3, 4, and 5 for years with nothing but Gen 5s currently in my personal inventory. The Gen 5s have the best factory Glock trigger. My P320 X-Compact trigger and the other P320 factory triggers are, I think, better than Glock's. They are hot garbage when compared side by side to the PDP trigger. Other than a magwell on the full sized gun and mounting my RMRs, I can't think of anything I want to change on the PDP right out of the box. I have a list of parts I buy each time I pick up a new Glock.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Probably not since they are a sponsor of P&S and he openly talks about it. With that out of the way, I bought 2 PDPs, a compact and a full size. The triggers really are that good. I've shot Glock Gen 3, 4, and 5 for years with nothing but Gen 5s currently in my personal inventory. The Gen 5s have the best factory Glock trigger. My P320 X-Compact trigger and the other P320 factory triggers are, I think, better than Glock's. They are hot garbage when compared side by side to the PDP trigger. Other than a magwell on the full sized gun and mounting my RMRs, I can't think of anything I want to change on the PDP right out of the box. I have a list of parts I buy each time I pick up a new Glock.
    Very good analysis on the trigger comparisons as I have Glocks and Sig P320s. I just can't get into another platform.. lol

Feedback Score
    Why do just about all semi-auto pistols now seem to come with front serrations? I'm a southpaw for shooting so I don't want the meaty part of my right hand over the ejection port as I attempt to chamber/eject a round and sure as hell don't want anything near that muzzle! Some you guys might like 'em but I'd just as well have a smooth slide up front.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast