Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther Arms new PDP

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Why do just about all semi-auto pistols now seem to come with front serrations? I'm a southpaw for shooting so I don't want the meaty part of my right hand over the ejection port as I attempt to chamber/eject a round and sure as hell don't want anything near that muzzle! Some you guys might like 'em but I'd just as well have a smooth slide up front.
    I like the front serrations on pistols with optics mounted. The PDP serrations are awesome, grippy without being slicey...
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I've been wanting to pick up a PPQ M1 but will be hitting the brake on that and hopefully they will follow up with a PDP M1 which I'll be all over.
    I would not hold my breath for a PDP with a paddle release. Since introducing the M2 Walther has not developed a single new frame that uses a paddle magazine release. The sales numbers are simply not there compared to their button release pistols.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    I like the front serrations on pistols with optics mounted. The PDP serrations are awesome, grippy without being slicey...
    Didn't think about that setup. Good point.

That said, I can't seem to cross the RDS-on-a-pistol bridge quite yet. I'm told it's like a shooting epiphany. Probably will someday.....hell, it took me until 2020 to put an LPVO on an AR!

Some front serrations put out by custom places look gaudy as all getup IMHO. Factory ones usually aren't as exaggerated.

If the PDP is like the PPS M2 ergonomically it will be a hit. I have noticed that the newer Walther and HK compacts (like in the last 10 years or so) have been very comfortable in the hand. They seem to have ergonomics down pat. The only one I actually fired was the PPS M2 I *used* to have until my wife confiscated it but some of the others I've fingerf****d in gun shops and they all seem to have a similar feel.....very comfortable.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Looks like a great evolution of the PPQ. I love my M1, but wish it was more optic-friendly. It has a great trigger so I'm not surprised this does too. I might have to offload the PPQ and get one of these.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I have two PPQ M2s. I’m extremely impressed and have been to a couple of LAVs classes using them.
    At the end of each day, the target had a fist size hole shot out of the middle, excellent trigger !

I actually liked the VP9 better but could never get used to the paddle mag release.

I’ve been looking for a more accurate small carry pistol than my M&P Shield, looks like I will order a 4” PDP.
    Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 02-19-21 at 23:42.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    I have been considering going to an optics mounted pistol and this seems the answer. Just unsure how it'll fare with my astigmatism.

I currently have a PPQ M2 and it is one of my favorite pistols. I have 10 17rd magazines that would work in the compact. What would the full size bring other than one more round?

Where are you finding these in stock?

Any recommendations on which red dot is best for stigmatism?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Newby question..

This new pistol takes the ppq magazines?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    according to Walther the compact does. The full size requires the new 18 rd magazines.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prdubi View Post
    Newby question..

This new pistol takes the ppq magazines?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The compact will take the PPQ compact 15 round mags. The full size 18 rounders seem to be unique to the PDP.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hi-wayman View Post
    according to Walther the compact does. The full size requires the new 18 rd magazines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    The compact will take the PPQ compact 15 round mags. The full size 18 rounders seem to be unique to the PDP.
    That good info.

Would it be to much to presume the compact will accept the full size 18 rounders?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast