Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Walther Arms new PDP

Feedback Score
    [PRDUBI .... Larry must have been talking about the M2 version on mag interchangeability . I have a PDP and PPQ M1 in front of me now and the M1 mags do NOT interchange with the PDP Compact . However , they also do not interchange with the M2 version ..... but there is a modification that can be made to the M1 mags to allow them to work in the M2 . Someone over on the Walther Forum did a thread a while back on that . They will go in and lock , but will be way low so no bullet feed is possible .
    Both of my PPQ`s are M1 , so I`m stuck on that , but knew that going into the new purchase .

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Aaannnd was designed with input from people who actually know what they are talking about in the competition, tactical, and self-defense worlds to make a legitimate RDS ready handgun that they have already beat the s#it out of prior to being released? Sig and S&W are very confused by this tactic.
    Wild ideology here, right?
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    Aaannnd was designed with input from people who actually know what they are talking about in the competition, tactical, and self-defense worlds to make a legitimate RDS ready handgun that they have already beat the s#it out of prior to being released? Sig and S&W are very confused by this tactic.
    hahaha it's sad that this statement (and the fact that it's available with available accessories from the start) is so astounding. This stuff 'should' be common practice, but unfortunately seems to be an extreme rarity with a lot of the gun world.

I had a PPQ M1 limited edition for a long time, and loved it. Eventually sold it and went the Glock route, but the PDP wants to pull me back to Walther really bad.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Look.

I have the PPQ m2 Navy model and I just want to save a couple of bucks and use my m2 mags in the PDP.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    To use the m2 magazines, get the compact PDP version. That what I'm planning on doing. I have 15 and 17 round factory PPQ magazines. Although calling it "compact" is misleading, its the size of the PPQ.

The full size PDP is on its own with the new 18 round magazines.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    If you get a later production M1 frame it should fit I would think. There was a change in the locking block but if your M1 has the more angular ejection port rather than the square one it should fit. (Confirm this with Walther before pulling the trigger tho)

2011 manufacturer date, so I’m thinking not?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hi-wayman View Post
    To use the m2 magazines, get the compact PDP version. That what I'm planning on doing. I have 15 and 17 round factory PPQ magazines. Although calling it "compact" is misleading, its the size of the PPQ.

The full size PDP is on its own with the new 18 round magazines.
    Although I like the PPQ, it's a sh*tty way of doing things. HK's P30, VP9, VP9sk, and the VP9-B (button mag release) all use the same mags including the new 20 rounders. It's not like it can't be done.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Although I like the PPQ, it's a sh*tty way of doing things. HK's P30, VP9, VP9sk, and the VP9-B (button mag release) all use the same mags including the new 20 rounders. It's not like it can't be done.
    I do hate the PPQ and PDP compact can't use the 18 round mags of the fullsize grip. I was told the compact and the fullsize have differing grip angles.

It's not terribly worrying for me, though. There are 17 rounders for the PPQ as is, so I'm not going to sweat over 1 round.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    The grip is physically longer than the PPQ from my understanding
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    The grip is physically longer than the PPQ from my understanding
    I get that...that is understandable. A 10/13 round VP9sk mag will also not be long enough in a standard VP9...but the longer mags should be made to fit in the shorter grip lengths, and whether it uses a button or paddle release also shouldn't matter either. With Walther and the PPQ...it does.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast