Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spegal/ Uncle Mike’s Boot Grips

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Question Spegal/ Uncle Mike’s Boot Grips

Just picked two J Frames a 2 “ in 38Spec 640 and 3 “ version
    ( forget the model number) also in .38Spec. and wanted to find those grips in rubber. Always liked them on my old 649 but can’t seem to find them around. Obviously not a big revolver guy,lol! Thanks for any help!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GNXII View Post
    ( forget the model number) also in .38Spec. and wanted to find those grips in rubber. Always liked them on my old 649 but can’t seem to find them around. Obviously not a big revolver guy,lol! Thanks for any help!
    Discontinued and bring STUPID money on Ebay etc....

I believe S&W still puts them on their J Frames but I know of nowhere you can purchase the grips alone. Several years ago I had a set of Spegels on a Hi Power- pulled them off and put them on Ebay- $100- enough to buy a beautiful set of Micarta VZ replacements!
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GNXII View Post
    I’m pretty sure there’s a set in my stash of unused grips, I will look tonight and let you know.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    The Uncle Mike's story still pisses me off, they were bought out by a big corporation that also owned either Pachmayr or Hogue or maybe even both. The first thing they did was discontinue the Uncle Mike's grips which were great.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm pretty sure Craig is still making his wood ones if that will work for you and you don't mind the wait.

https://www.craigspegel.com/
    Last edited by titsonritz; 02-22-21 at 13:45.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Interesting, I didn't know that line was discontinued. I have had UM boot grips on my S&W 940 for almost 30 years and have always liked them.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Altamont Grips makes wood grips for J Frames. Their grips are very good quality at reasonable prices.

https://www.altamontco.com/pistol-gr...esson/j-round/
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Check out Brownells. They have several showing in stock.

The Pachmayer - S&W J Frame Diamond Pro looks intriguing. $23.00

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...Frame&psize=96

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
    I’m pretty sure there’s a set in my stash of unused grips, I will look tonight and let you know.
    Yeah definitely interested.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I'm pretty sure Craig is still making his wood ones if that will work for you and you don't mind the wait.

https://www.craigspegel.com/
    I hope so but I've been on a waiting list for umpteen years. I wonder if he didn't give up the ghost. I just posted a pic of my 44mag with his fine work on the nearby pic thread. When I received the grips, I went to instal them and tried to shove them on. I started dog cussing the guy, then pushed harder and they snapped PERFECTLY in place and locked in. I could run that gun without grip screws. Work of art.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast