Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Negative experience with CHPWS

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    After reading the sniper thread I was left shaking my head on both parties. In that case, yes the customer shouldn't have started modifying the product and then expect the company to be happy. That being said the machine work was horrible. But the way the owner reacted was completely unprofessional.

In the case of the op it seems we have more unprofessionalism.

Thank you for sharing.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    I think these folks that do this type of work are gearheads and engineers that are great at solving problems with products but are completely disorganized and lousy at solving problems with people.
    This is my experience as well. I have a gun smith I trust with almost anything but I have to call them to see if my work is done, and have to bring up what they initially quoted as he or his wife are often quoting things differently. While its not the best customer service, the work really does stand out.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I can't figure CHPWS out. I hear great things from some (I personally had a great experience with them), and horror stories from others. It's like they're a bipolar company or something. I think they've seen a TON of success and growth in a very short period of time and have likely not been able to keep up in certain areas, such as customer service. Hopefully they'll get it together, as they do make some great plates.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jesuvuah View Post
    After reading the sniper thread I was left shaking my head on both parties. In that case, yes the customer shouldn't have started modifying the product and then expect the company to be happy. That being said the machine work was horrible. But the way the owner reacted was completely unprofessional.

In the case of the op it seems we have more unprofessionalism.

Thank you for sharing.

Soli Deo Gloria
    He didn’t modify the plate. He modified a Dawson rear sight to fit the plate. Then he touched a thread with a tap and realized it was a no go then stopped.
    "Knowledge without experience is just information"--Mark Twain

Hindsight is 6920

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman_04 View Post
    He didn’t modify the plate. He modified a Dawson rear sight to fit the plate. Then he touched a thread with a tap and realized it was a no go then stopped.
    I get that, but I would say before running a tap or a even a thread chaser, that he probably should have contacted them. Regardless, he received horrible CS.

Soli Deo Gloria

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I've seen enough of these now that CHPWS is added to the list of companies that just aren't worth the risk of doing business with. He seems like the type of owner that shouldn't be responding to company emails.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    He seems like the type of owner that shouldn't be responding to company emails.
    If I ever start a business, I’ll be smart enough to stay off the keyboard as much as humanly possible. I’m too prone to saying crazy shit and going off at the mouth for like... no reason. It’d be a good thing for owners to recognize in themselves. That and their disorganization.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Man, Ive been recommending CHPWS for guys at work running Glock MOS models for a bit now. My V4 mil plate is awesome. Hope my guys dont run into a problem
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tagged with interest.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    OP, just a heads up on the x-carry, if it's one of the originals it can easily be modified for RMR/Holosun footprint and a rear Glock dovetail cut. Mark Housel at L/M did several for me.

If it's a newer one that has the R1P footprint, you can drop a Delta point on and attach a rear to the optic.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with CH, seems to be a theme lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast