Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rifoe case recommendations

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Elite Survival Systems...
    Ive had the 36" Covert Operations Discreet Rifle Case for I guess near 10 years now...its NICE.
    Holds two carbines...has 3 internal velcro mag pouches that hold two mags apiece, big outside compartment, USA MADE..current price $159.
    They have other larger cases at or under your price point for bigger rifles. Mine is well made and has been used a lot.
    I think this hits all your buttons.
    I don't think the Covert Operations Discreet Rifle Case is made in the USA. It doesn't show up on their Made In the USA collection, nor does the product page say it is, unlike, say, the Assault Systems Rifle Case.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Did you pick one yet? I'm also looking for a soft shell bag for rifles.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I haven't yet. Think I may be too picky. Been waiting for one of lynx defense's cases to come back in stock as they look to check all the boxes. The SERT doesn't look like it'll hold two fully set up ARs, I could be wrong though. And the American mountain supply just doesn't seem super rugged, can't really find any reviews on that one though. I've been lugging around my pelican in the interim but its not very convenient for short range trips.

Seems if I drop the made in the US requirement it may be an easier search but not there yet.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Rifoe case recommendations

I don’t think I can fit two ARs into the SERT case if they both have optics. If only one does, then I’m pretty sure they will fit.

My Elite Survival Systems Discreet Case is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I can give my opinion of it compared to the SERTS is you’re interested.
    Last edited by grizzman; 03-28-21 at 12:47.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpetros View Post
    And the American mountain supply just doesn't seem super rugged, can't really find any reviews on that one though.

Seems if I drop the made in the US requirement it may be an easier search but not there yet.

Yeah, AMS is really not well known, I bought one of their pistol cases on deep discount at a LGS and it impressed me enough to buy a covert rifle case. I have been plenty happy with mine and have used it quite a bit, but it has not been hard use. A 7 lb carbine is very different from carrying 2 rifles.

Andy

P.S. My case name is "Discrete Tactical Case"
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-30-21 at 07:38.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    I don’t think I can fit two ARs into the SERT case if they both have optics. If only one does, then I’m pretty sure they will fit.

My Elite Survival Systems Discreet Case is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I can give my opinion of it compared to the SERTS is you’re interested.
    Yeah would definitely be interested in your feedback.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Yeah, AMS is really not well known, I bought one of their pistol cases on deep discount at a LGS and it impressed me enough to buy a covert rifle case. I have been plenty happy with mine and have used it quite a bit, but it has not been hard use. A 7 lb carbine is very different from carrying 2 rifles.

Andy
    That's kinda what I was thinking. One of the rifles i generally bring out is an 18" DMR ish rifle pushing 10lbs. So that and a fully loaded carbine, the case will definitely be carrying some weight.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My 4th generation SERT case actually does hold two ARs, one with a T2 and one with an MRO (both in lower 1/3 mounts).

When I removed the Elite Survival Systems case from the box, I realized that it doesn't have plastic inserts, making it much less rigid than the SERT. In addition to rigidity, the plastic acts as an additional layer of protection. My 4th Gen SERT is more rigid than my 3rd or earlier Gen SERT, and it doesn't buckle at all when carried while empty. I guess I've been spoiled since buying my first SEERT case many years ago.

The 4th Gen SERT has 6 rows of closely spaced PALS webbing (the current 5th Gen has 5, and I think my old one also has 6), while the Elite Survival Systems case has 3 rows of wider loops. I really like the 6 rows to allow for maximum flexibility. The straps are long enough that I can put them through two neighboring rows to position the center of the anchor point between them. Due to the row locations of the Elite Survival Systems case, I haven't found a way yet to secure the 2 ARs that I had in the SERT case without half of each carbine being only marginally secured. It has ample room for one scoped AR and a separately secured bipod.

The Elite Survival System's external pocket doesn't have any PALS webbing or a Velcro panel to secure anything in it, but there is a Velcro panel in the rifle compartment for the included triple magazine pouch. I'd prefer the panel in the outer pocket and nothing internally.

So far, I've found no aspect of the Elite Survival System's case that I prefer over the SERT's counterpart. They're priced almost identically, so the SERT is still by far the best option I've found. I'm certainly not saying the Elite survival System case isn't nice. It's adequately padded and the materials and construction quality are very good. I expect it to last a very long time. If I were comparing it to a more "traditionally" designed case, it likely would have higher.
    Last edited by grizzman; 03-29-21 at 17:36.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    SERT cases are the best. His TCC will hold multiple and are designed to fit in a pelican as a option (you pull the foam and just run the SERT case inside). Awesome for travel

https://sert.us/collections/rifle-bags-cases

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    If you follow the link in post #4 there are some photos of just how much the SERT bags can carry. My 36" case is the older one designed to fit into a Pelican's 1700 case not the Storm iM3100 like the current 36". It will fit my 16" carbine equiped with a LPVO, WML and a 30rd mag in the main gun compartment. My 14.5" carbine equiped with an Aimpoint Micro and a 20rd mag fit in the "mag compartment". I have fit 4 long guns in 46" (see photos). I'm in need of another one and am leaning toward a 42" this time around. Great cases.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast