When I was a kid, every hunter, every farmer, every biker, every trucker....Everybody, had a Buck 110. I gutted my first deer with one, skinned literally hundreds of squirrels and raccoons with one.....You could buy them at any hardware store or gunshop- they were guaranteed to be on most every rural kids' Christmas Wish List at some point and the $20-25 wasn't a big stretch for most families guaranteeing that one special Stocking Stuffer on Christmas Morning! The edges always came razor sharp and they were easy to keep sharp- the locking mechanism could take a lot of abuse and if the thing ever broke- send it back to Buck and in a few weeks you would have it back- dang near new!

Over the years they fell out of favor. Heavy. Not Tactical Enough. Common.....

Well, recently, I bought a new Buck 110 Slim Micarta. It's a hell of a good knife! Same great blade but it's considerably slimmer, comes with a thumb stud and pocket clip, and the best thing? Micarta, slim line handles! Paid $90 for mine, yes, that's plenty of money for a "non tactical" folder....but you can get cheaper versions with a synthetic handle vs. the Micarta if you choose.

If you say you-- "Want American Products, will buy American products" ---put your money where your mouth is. The Buck is a damn good knife and I've been very happy with mine. An American classic by an American company, employing Americans, updated. If you need a decent hunting/utility knife, pick on up, you won't be sorry.