Thread: New Buck 110 Slim Micarta- Buy One!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

New Buck 110 Slim Micarta- Buy One!

When I was a kid, every hunter, every farmer, every biker, every trucker....Everybody, had a Buck 110. I gutted my first deer with one, skinned literally hundreds of squirrels and raccoons with one.....You could buy them at any hardware store or gunshop- they were guaranteed to be on most every rural kids' Christmas Wish List at some point and the $20-25 wasn't a big stretch for most families guaranteeing that one special Stocking Stuffer on Christmas Morning! The edges always came razor sharp and they were easy to keep sharp- the locking mechanism could take a lot of abuse and if the thing ever broke- send it back to Buck and in a few weeks you would have it back- dang near new!

Over the years they fell out of favor. Heavy. Not Tactical Enough. Common.....

Well, recently, I bought a new Buck 110 Slim Micarta. It's a hell of a good knife! Same great blade but it's considerably slimmer, comes with a thumb stud and pocket clip, and the best thing? Micarta, slim line handles! Paid $90 for mine, yes, that's plenty of money for a "non tactical" folder....but you can get cheaper versions with a synthetic handle vs. the Micarta if you choose.

If you say you-- "Want American Products, will buy American products" ---put your money where your mouth is. The Buck is a damn good knife and I've been very happy with mine. An American classic by an American company, employing Americans, updated. If you need a decent hunting/utility knife, pick on up, you won't be sorry.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Im wanting a 110 Auto. Just gotta bite the bullet and spend the money.

Feedback Score
    I bought the cheaper one just to try out. I took the pocket clip off and just slip it in my pocket. It’s a really good knife for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Same here - the Buck 110 was my first real knife in Scouts and for carry. I loved that knife.

I'm with CRAMBONE - I do want a 110 Auto just to play with, but have not gotten around to buying one.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'll have to check out the 110 auto just because. I have had the same 110 for almost 40 years and it is still my go to skinning knife, the thing is indestructible and holds an edge like nobody's business.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    One of the first knives I remember carrying around was a Buck Selector. I think have blades for it but the knife is long gone.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Same here - the Buck 110 was my first real knife in Scouts and for carry. I loved that knife.

I'm with CRAMBONE - I do want a 110 Auto just to play with, but have not gotten around to buying one.
    Does your Whittling Chip still have all it's corners?
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.