Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 35 remington obsolete?

Feedback Score

35 remington obsolete?

A friend of mine has a nice 336 JM marked but chambered in 35 remington was looking to buy from him, I heard it's a nice cartridge but looks like it's non existent. I know ammo is pretty scarce right now but, I still see more popular ammo on line. Is this particular ammo discontinued? Or just hard to find because of the ammo shortage?
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygunguy View Post
    A friend of mine has a nice 336 JM marked but chambered in 35 remington was looking to buy from him, I heard it's a nice cartridge but looks like it's non existent. I know ammo is pretty scarce right now but, I still see more popular ammo on line. Is this particular ammo discontinued? Or just hard to find because of the ammo shortage?
    Like many older rounds the .35 Remington is produced by the manufacturers in batches. They run a batch, then tear down and service the equipment and set it back up for another caliber, run that...repeat....

So, yes, availability can be spotty. But, that's not really much of an issue for most thinking people.....I own many .35 Remington rifles and even a TC handgun. Never had an issue with ammo being unavailable. I buy it and put it on the shelf when it's available. It's a HUNTING round, most people aren't using it at a 1,000 count carbine class. 200 rounds would last 10 years or more....Plus, I reload, it's a very handloader friendly caliber....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    As Esq said, they run batches of it, just pick some up from time to time, 80 or 100 rds will last a long time. I have a 1958 SC that was my Grandpa's favorite rifle. ..... it's got plenty of character marks from brush and boulders but it's smooth as butter and shoots like it always has. It'll belong to my oldest Grandson soon. I wouldn't take anything for it. Regards, Wayne

Feedback Score
    Just looked online, ammo is available to ship today from at least 3 vendors. Availability at LGS, can be hit and miss just like many of the more rare cartridges. They can almost always order some in for younthough. At least in normal times.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by StainlessSteelRat View Post
    As Esq said, they run batches of it, just pick some up from time to time, 80 or 100 rds will last a long time. I have a 1958 SC that was my Grandpa's favorite rifle. ..... it's got plenty of character marks from brush and boulders but it's smooth as butter and shoots like it always has. It'll belong to my oldest Grandson soon. I wouldn't take anything for it. Regards, Wayne
    I've got an SC and a Model A. Excellent rifles from an era of high quality US manufacturing.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Just looked online, ammo is available to ship today from at least 3 vendors. Availability at LGS, can be hit and miss just like many of the more rare cartridges. They can almost always order some in for younthough. At least in normal times.
    Don't suppose you could pm me those online vendors?
    ”Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American… The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people”
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    Look on ammoseek, and I thought Natchez showed in stock also but now I don't see it. SGAMMO has a ton of 200g
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Look on ammoseek, and I thought Natchez showed in stock also but now I don't see it. SGAMMO has a ton of 200g
    Thanks
    ~Tench Coxe

Feedback Score
    I've got several nice pre-safety JM Marlin's. One of them is in 35 Rem. Thanks for the lead on the ammo
    Semper Fi, Tres Deuce. Rest In Peace GM, MG, JK, CC. KIA May 2, 2008 - Freedom has a taste the protected will never know at a price they cannot understand.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It was and still is a fine round for hunting back east. A friend in Maine says it is still popular up there even for moose. Also a favorite of Frank Hamer in the Remington Model 8.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast