Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ted Cruz. Why do we care?

Feedback Score
    Ted should have came back and started making calls offering to help or asking what he could do, and recorded all the ‘nothing‘ and ‘go away’ answerS.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Ted should have came back and started making calls offering to help or asking what he could do, and recorded all the ‘nothing‘ and ‘go away’ answerS.
    Yes. Part of me doesn't want to care about it - part of me says the timing was just lousy on this. If I was a public servant, it doesn't look good if your district is having some calamity while you're off jet-setting in some tropical paradise. If he left when this was going down, that was a dumb move. If it's happening while you're away, cancel and get back to your constituents.

I like the idea of the public servant politician out mixing with the average folks. If it's tornado damage, be out with a shovel or a saw, doing something, getting your hands dirty. Loading debris in dumpsters, etc. In the case of a wide spread power failure, I don't know what the public servant politician could do but lean on local bureaucrats to fix it fast.

President Trump was good in going and mixing with the locals. Even though I didn't like Jimmy Carter as a President, I had respect for the guy when he was out building Habitat for Humanity houses. It wasn't just a photo op - he was out actually doing construction work. And then I think of that thing and thing-ett as our President and VP now....yuk.
    Last edited by OH58D; 02-19-21 at 23:48.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    And then I think of that thing and thing-ett as our President and VP now....yuk.
    Gee thanks, now I have the thought of her "helping out the locals" in my head. I gotta go wash my brain out with bleach and a bottle brush!
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdWatcher View Post
    Much ado about nothing. Just another manufactured story to distract us from the latest shenanigans.
    Exactly, I believe it’s a misdirection attempt to get the attention off of Biden’s horrible town hall event where when defended the Chinese concentration camps.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Libs see Cruz as a threat.

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Did you ever see those sarcastic memes accusing Ted Cruz of being the Zodiac Killer?

Well today the real Zodiac Killer turned himself in.

He didn’t want people thinking he was Ted Cruz...........
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Because Cruz taking a poorly timed but innocent trip is, like, a million times worse than killing people in nursing homes. Duh!
    Because some leftist in a state other than TX wants Cruz to go down there for a photo op showing Cruz shoveling somebody's driveway.. Yes, it was poorly planned and I heard he came back the next day.
    Do I care? No, I do not.

Feedback Score
    The optics aren’t the greatest but bottom line is the Left is trying to manufacture outrage because they view Cruz as a threat. He was one of the few Senators that opposed certifying the election results so the cancel culture is out to get him.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I just don't don't want him dying from the water OR the cartels! One less senator AIN'T gonna be a GOOD thing!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    We’re he a dem nothing would have been said.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast