Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ted Cruz. Why do we care?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If you were a Texan, sitting in the cold and dark, no water, maybe no food, you might take umbrage at your elected representative jetting off to a Mexican beach.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    If you were a Texan, sitting in the cold and dark, no water, maybe no food, you might take umbrage at your elected representative jetting off to a Mexican beach.
    But why?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    But what was he actually going to do? This is a job for the governor.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Because if you suffer others should as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Because if you suffer others should as well?

Precisely, yes, many people feel this way. Sitting in a freezing house feeling envious of your neighbor who's sunning himself in Mexico? Save your money and book a vacation yourself. Personally I would avoid Mexico but that's me.
    I served in the Texas State Guard for several years, State Active Duty is why we exist. FEMA doctrine does not name, require or need a US senator to respond to an event. Local first then state. He would only get in the way and remove resources from those who really need it. This goes for the president too.
    But try explaining that to those who have a political ax to grind, that is all this is, Cruz, as others have already said, is the next target for the cancel warriors.
    Last edited by 1986s4; 02-25-21 at 07:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Precisely, yes, many people feel this way. Sitting in a freezing house feeling envious of your neighbor who's sunning himself in Mexico? Save your money and book a vacation yourself. Personally I would avoid Mexico but that's me.
    I served in the Texas State Guard for several years, State Active Duty is why we exist. FEMA doctrine does not name, require or need a US senator to respond to an event. Local first then state. He would only get in the way and remove resources from those who really need it. This goes for the president too.
    But try explaining that to those who have a political ax to grind, that is all this is, Cruz, as others have already said, is the next target for the cancel warriors.
    Personally, I prefer to have contingencies rather than to jet off to sh*tholes like Mexico. I was actually in a situation similar a few years back except the power was down 2 1/2 weeks. I rather enjoyed it. No work responsibilities. I used kerosene lanterns, used the wood stove for heat, stored the food in the bed of the truck to keep it frozen. I shot coyotes, tended fire, and read books in the evening. Was a great time. The key being ready for such situations.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PracticalRifleman View Post
    Personally, I prefer to have contingencies rather than to jet off to sh*tholes like Mexico. I was actually in a situation similar a few years back except the power was down 2 1/2 weeks. I rather enjoyed it. No work responsibilities. I used kerosene lanterns, used the wood stove for heat, stored the food in the bed of the truck to keep it frozen. I shot coyotes, tended fire, and read books in the evening. Was a great time. The key being ready for such situations.

Sounds like our old family cabin in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Two wood stoves for heat and lots of fire wood in the shed. X-C skiing to get in, good times.

Feedback Score
    Cruze broke off his planned vacation and returned to Texas, figured out the problem then turned up the Sun. Texas warmed up and the immediate problem was solved. What other politician turned up the Sun to thaw out Texas?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345