Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Used Beretta 92FS Current Pricing - Updated - Finally a Beretta Owner

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Used Beretta 92FS Current Pricing - Updated - Finally a Beretta Owner

So I really screwed the pooch when a LGS had piles of used Beretta 92s in the recent past and I did not pick one up.

What is a fair price for a used "VG - Excellent" 92FS? I can't believe they are near the peak of popularity any more - panic or not. The A1 rail has no advantage for me.

Thank you

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 08-20-22 at 16:42.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I bought one when my LGS was selling brand new ones in 2019 for $429. I decided I wanted an M9A3 and sold it *to a gun shop* for $600 in August 2020.

I think 9mm handgun pricing has gone down since then, but they listed it for $750 and it flew off the shelf. I would be surprised if you could find a used one for under $600

Insanity.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-20-21 at 11:48.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Gunbrokewr is always a good bet to check prices.

And this is why I absolutely HATE people removing a sales price or editing details out of an EE thread.

Feedback Score
    Buds sent me an Email offering to buy any Beretta I had. I haven't seen any for sale locally lately. Maybe between the move to Tennessee and Langdon they are in short supply.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I inherited one about a year ago. It desperately needed the reduced hammer spring and WC sights. I’ll also be giving it a G conversion and grips soon. It shoots very well, might be my favorite 9mm to shoot; least favorite to carry in any way. It does look the coolest out of my 4 9mm’s thanks to 80’s and 90’s action movies. And hands down my favorite to dry fire while watching TV on the couch. In fact, during the “inheritance” I got to choose between it and a HiPower and the 92FS won my selection based on appearance alone.

But I really don’t understand the hype or the following going on right now. Gotta just be a fad right? It’s mind boggling to see that Bud’s emailed out to buy used berettas...? Either way I don’t want to part with it because of sentimental value and like I said it is a fine gun. Just no real world niche. Not for me at least. Maybe a bed side piece?

I’d figure it to be a $600 dollar gun new in the before times and a $700 gun nowadays new.
    Used? probably subtract a hundred from those prices.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I did not even know there was a hype or following currently. For me its more "some day I should get one" and I can wait.

Andy

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Langdon has done a lot (along with WC) to improve the capabilities of the 92.

The LTT TJIAB is an easy drop in which gives you 85% of a in-house custom trigger job.

Plus the drop in -G kit from Beretta and new sight options... it's a Renaissance for the platform.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Buds sent me an Email offering to buy any Beretta I had. I haven't seen any for sale locally lately. Maybe between the move to Tennessee and Langdon they are in short supply.
    I got the same E-Mail. Also a couple E-Mails wanting to buy back a couple AR's I bought from them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    So I really screwed the pooch when a LGS had piles of used M92s in the recent past and I did not pick one up.

What is a fair price for a used "VG - Excellent" M92FS? I can't believe they are near the peak of popularity any more - panic or not. The A1 rail has no advantage for me.

Thank you

Andy
    For me it would depend on if it was newer with plastic bits or older without. Also Italian or USA made... Would not personally consider one from Tennessee. Hell no...

I have a few and even though they may look similar from a distance the older USA made one shoots better and has a better trigger (came with no plastic parts either).

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I ended up buying a (new) Girsan Regard instead. Not a Beretta, but a clone. Barrel/locking block/slide is different. I have a G conversion and D spring on the way, along with some Mec-Gar magazines.

I made it to the range and was reminded how awkward the DA/SA transition is, but more importantly I had forgotten how enjoyable and accurate the 92 platform is for me. I have a LOT more trigger time with my Glocks but was putting 10 rounds into one ragged hole with the Girsan at 10 yards (I think). The main purpose of the range visit was introducing a friend to shooting a pistol with a Ruger MKII, so I had the targets fairly close.

The Girsan ran fine with the motley assortment of mags I have and put a dent in my 9mm stash without issue. 124 gr +P Gold Dots were noticeably more energetic, but not objectionable in the big, heavy 92.

DA pull is definitely heavier than my stock CZ-75 and I think SA is as well but the CZ has more rounds through it.

TLDR - bought a Turkish clone and impression is positive so far.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-09-21 at 07:22.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast