Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Used Beretta 92FS Current Pricing - Updated - Finally a Beretta Owner

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OLIAR15 View Post
    I’ll post a picture of one of mine, just to illustrate

Pretty pistol.

I just sold my last 92FS (shot them in IPSC and IDPA for years before switching over to SIG) ... it was a pachmayr Inox. Sold it to my younger brother with 16 mecgar high caps and eight factory LEO/Military high caps for $850 ... that was family price and I hated to see it go but he needed one and I have too many.

I may have a picture of it somewhere that I can upload ... well, I found this one. My last 92FS ... and I was on the pistol team that tested the 92F in '83 and '84 in Italy while with the 509th Airborne Combat Team and the 4/325th ABCT. Loved them for decades ... just outgrew them. Ernie actually slicked that one out for me ... I went through a few barrels.

What You Think About You Do ... What You Do You Become.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    "A nation of sheep . . . begets a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to eat for lunch.
    A Republic, built on support for man's individual Liberty, is a well-armed sheep contesting the vote.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Gunbrokewr is always a good bet to check prices.

And this is why I absolutely HATE people removing a sales price or editing details out of an EE thread.
    Drives me nuts too. Is it like your embarrassed you sold it for less than asking. Street price is street price. No reason to hide.

And if you know how to dig, you can see on GB for what product actually sold for vs BUY NOW prices which can be helpful. It takes some digging but it's in there.

PB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Drives me nuts too. Is it like your embarrassed you sold it for less than asking. Street price is street price. No reason to hide.

PB
    It's to hide to price from "the man"

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post

I have a G conversion as well, but no punch small enough to remove the right side safety roll pins ATM.
    Brownells has a set of Beretta coil pin punches that might be worth it for you. I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    You are correct about that 'D' spring being a 16lb spring weight. Factory on the newer guns (last decade or so at least) is 20lbs. Older guns came with the 16lb spring factory.
    *snip*

You can go lighter than that D spring and still have reliable ignition. IIRC I went down to 12lbs at one point before my CCI primers would not light off 100%. Federal primers - being softer - will let you go down even lower before they become unreliable.
    A handful of the newer guns come with a 16# spring, such as the M9A3, but yeah, 20# is standard, and atrocious.

~3-4 years ago I did a 2,000 rd challenge on a M9A1 with a 12# spring. That’s 2k rounds with no cleaning or lubrication after starting the test. I went out of my way to get light strikes. Freezing the mag/ammo, using .mil, foreign, cheap, and +p ammo. I ended up getting 2 (iirc) light strikes in the last hundred rounds of the test. I wrote something on Berettaforum at the time.

I switched to either a 13# or 14# (gaming gun) and lived happily ever after, lubricating every ~500 and cleaning every ~1k rounds. I’ve concluded that a 14# will light any decent ammo, and is suitable for match use; a 16# will light anything, and is suitable for a duty gun.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Brownells has a set of Beretta coil pin punches that might be worth it for you. I like them.
    Great suggestion, thanks. It beats the heck out of cutting and filing a nail (that is only vaguely the correct size anyway).

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-14-21 at 07:37.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Great suggestion, thanks. It beats the heck out of cutting and filing a nail (that is only vaguely the correct size anyway).

Andy
    If you are going to be shopping at Brownells anyway...

They have the 'dog bone' pins in stock for $1.99 currently. If your Girsan has the slotted coil pin (or a spiral pin) retaining the Lanyard Loop (that you need to remove to change your hammer spring) - You will be glad you got the dog bone pin to replace that with. No more hammers / punches required to change that spring out...

Part number: 913-100-547WB at Brownells

If your pistol frame has grips on it - That pin can't walk out. There is absolutely no need for a slotted pin there. Beretta started doing that crap because it was cheap - Not because it was 'needed' or somehow an 'improvement'.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    If you are going to be shopping at Brownells anyway...

They have the 'dog bone' pins in stock for $1.99 currently. If your Girsan has the slotted coil pin (or a spiral pin) retaining the Lanyard Loop (that you need to remove to change your hammer spring) - You will be glad you got the dog bone pin to replace that with. No more hammers / punches required to change that spring out...

Part number: 913-100-547WB at Brownells

If your pistol frame has grips on it - That pin can't walk out. There is absolutely no need for a slotted pin there. Beretta started doing that crap because it was cheap - Not because it was 'needed' or somehow an 'improvement'.
    Yep, the Girsan uses a roll pin. I bought one of the "dogbone" pins because it was on sale. Unfortunately I swapped the mainspring before I bought it, so it won't be getting installed until I have the grips off again.

I very much dislike the use of rollpins when they are not needed. Solid pins in firearms means quality to me, even if they "walk" like Ruger sight pins.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-16-21 at 06:50.

Feedback Score
    Just picked up one of those Beretta clones (Girsan MC R9). This one has the Brigadier-type slide. Only comes with one Mec-Gar 18-rounder, though.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Just picked up one of those Beretta clones (Girsan MC R9). This one has the Brigadier-type slide. Only comes with one Mec-Gar 18-rounder, though.

Its an interesting pistol. Mine came with one mag as well.

Feedback Score
    You would think that this version would be at least a little heavier than the standard 92FS clone that Girsan makes, but Girsan's website has them both at 874 grams.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast