Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Used Beretta 92FS Current Pricing - Updated - Finally a Beretta Owner

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    Buds sent me an Email offering to buy any Beretta I had. I haven't seen any for sale locally lately. Maybe between the move to Tennessee and Langdon they are in short supply.
    When was this? i have a brand new unfired beretta M9 commercial that i been debating of selling.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    When was this? i have a brand new unfired beretta M9 commercial that i been debating of selling.
    It's been months ago, but you could call Buds and see if they are still interested in buying your Beretta. From what I've seen on their site i'd say they would be interested in buying a lot of firearms right now. They would likely lowball you so if I was you I'd look at selling it on GunBroker.com.

Feedback Score
    I never sold anything on gunbroker. I just buy. I guess i will do some research and figure it out.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    550-600 sounds fair to me.
    http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Shooter-Jack-rkba.gif

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I ended up buying a (new) Girsan Regard instead. Not a Beretta, but a clone. Barrel/locking block/slide is different.

Andy
    From the single video I watched on those guns - There is more stuff different than just those that you mentioned.

No link but in the video I saw the guy did a side by side comparison of the Girsan and a Beretta (taking them both down and going over the differences).

Just a personal opinion but considering the parts availability for each and how small the difference in prices are - I would have saved up a little more and went with Beretta all day long over the Turkish 'clone' thing.

Concerning the parts availability: A few years back a coworker was telling me about how him and his son scored a 'really great deal' on an entire case of no-name, bubba they just met at the wherever - reloaded ammo for his Beretta and how they went shooting the previous weekend. Was all fine and good for the first few hundred rounds or so and then they got to the 'bad' round that messed up their afternoon / broke the Beretta...

Had the guy bring me the pistol the next day so I could look it over and had it back to him the next morning. They did not think to try and recover or save the case from the round that went south and caused the damage but I could make some guesses from looking at the damage it had done. Trigger bar was the only part I had to replace. Had several of them in the Beretta toolbox and they were dirt cheap. Commonly found part in many Beretta parts kits still today and still dirt cheap...

In the hopefully unlikely event that you happen to run across a bad round that screws up your gun a bit requiring repairs / replacement parts - How likely do you think it would be for you to easily find replacement parts for your gun locally?

Pretty sure I am no where near the only guy in my town with a handful of spare Beretta locking blocks in his toolbox. Would imagine there are places here locally that stock piles of them in their Beretta parts 'bins'? Thinking along the lines of a local Beretta dealer or gunsmith and the volume of parts they may have on hand normally as compared to the 'guy down the street / Beretta enthusiast' that has a small handful of spare parts.

You are not going to be as easily able to call your buddy down the street and have him dig you out a spare Girsan locking block from his supplies.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    From the single video I watched on those guns - There is more stuff different than just those that you mentioned.

No link but in the video I saw the guy did a side by side comparison of the Girsan and a Beretta (taking them both down and going over the differences).
    I am not arguing the Girsan is as good as a Berretta or even a good deal. I want to make that point because I have seen claims they are as good as or better and I am NOT saying that.

I should have said that the barrel, locking block and slide are unique to the Girsan and cannot be interchanged with Beretta parts. I did not mean there are no other differences.

The locking block is a real concern because that is a wear/maintenance part and Girsan locking blocks are not readily available like they are for the Beretta.

Parts availability is a plus for the Beretta as it is with the Glocks.

I snipped the quote for space concerns only.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-11-21 at 12:04.

Feedback Score
    It's known as either a Beretta M9 (or M9A1), or a Beretta 92FS (or 92A1). Never heard of an M92 or M92FS. No such model exists that I'm aware of.
    ,——'ฏฏ';=====ฑ—-
    !‚–’ฏฏƒนถ
    One is just never enough...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MA2_Navy_Veteran View Post
    It's known as either a Beretta M9 (or M9A1), or a Beretta 92FS (or 92A1). Never heard of an M92 or M92FS. No such model exists that I'm aware of.
    Mea Culpa. That is probably why no one understood which pistol I was referring to.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Technically, there is an "M92FS", but it's an Airsoft pellet pistol version of the Beretta 92FS.

As for the current pricing of newly manufactured M9s & M9A1s, they typically run anywhere from $500 to $700 basically depending on the amount & type of parts used (newer, lower-end pistols usually contain a number of plastic components like the safety selector, trigger, guide rod, lanyard loop, & mag release button assembly). Pistols that have been upgraded with the metal parts v plastic & special models (such as the 2001 "United We Stand" edition) usually run @ the $700-$750 mark. Used police trade ins of Beretta 92s typically run @ $450 or so, and may or may not have a bunch of plastic parts used.

Hope this helps you.
    ,——'ฏฏ';=====ฑ—-
    !‚–’ฏฏƒนถ
    One is just never enough...

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MA2_Navy_Veteran View Post
    Technically, there is an "M92FS", but it's an Airsoft pellet pistol version of the Beretta 92FS.

As for the current pricing of newly manufactured M9s & M9A1s, they typically run anywhere from $500 to $700 basically depending on the amount & type of parts used (newer, lower-end pistols usually contain a number of plastic components like the safety selector, trigger, guide rod, lanyard loop, & mag release button assembly). Pistols that have been upgraded with the metal parts v plastic & special models (such as the 2001 "United We Stand" edition) usually run @ the $700-$750 mark. Used police trade ins of Beretta 92s typically run @ $450 or so, and may or may not have a bunch of plastic parts used.

Hope this helps you.
    It helps a great deal, thank you. I would like to find a lightly used or well cared for pre-owned pistol when things settle down (if they ever do). Until then, I will beat on my turkish copy.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-11-21 at 14:57.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast