Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Used Beretta 92FS Current Pricing - Updated - Finally a Beretta Owner

Feedback Score
    I’ll post a picture of one of mine, just to illustrate

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    It helps a great deal, thank you. I would like to find a lightly used or well cared for pre-owned pistol when things settle down (if they ever do). Until then, I will beat on my turkish copy.

Andy
    FWIW - CDNNsports.com is a great resource for parts and parts kits. Inventory there changes often but on occasion one can find great deals on genuine Beretta parts.

Best of luck with your new pistol sir.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    FWIW - CDNNsports.com is a great resource for parts and parts kits. Inventory there changes often but on occasion one can find great deals on genuine Beretta parts.

Best of luck with your new pistol sir.
    I would never have thought to look at CDNN for OEM parts.

Thank you.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would never have thought to look at CDNN for OEM parts.

Thank you.
    Yea, about a year ago they had a huge pile of Beretta parts- locking blocks, hammers, triggers, guide rods, grips, various springs..... They grouped them in small bags with different combinations of parts. They were CHEAP. They were even selling them on Ebay at that time. I suspect they may have come from a major police department who had them in reserve or something....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Just installed a 16# (aka D) hammer spring. Wow what a difference on the DA pull - it is like night and day! Why did I not know this when I carried an M9?

Also installed a Beretta skeleton hammer for no good reason.

I have a G conversion as well, but no punch small enough to remove the right side safety roll pins ATM. I may just put the conversion away until I get a true Beretta.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-17-21 at 19:37.

Feedback Score
    Just installed a 16# (aka D) hammer spring. Wow what a difference on the DA pull - it is like night and day! Why did I not know this when I carried an M9?

Also installed a Beretta skeleton hammer for no good reason.

I have a G conversion as well, but no punch small enough to remove the right side safety roll pins ATM. I may just put the conversion away until I get a true Beretta.

Andy
    You are correct about that 'D' spring being a 16lb spring weight. Factory on the newer guns (last decade or so at least) is 20lbs. Older guns came with the 16lb spring factory.

Same guys go up a slight bit on their recoil spring weight when running the D spring to make up for the slight increase in rearward slide velocity due to that spring being lighter than factory. Factory weight there is 13lbs and some will go up to a 14. Personally, I think 13 is a bit much and leave as is or go down one but...

You can go lighter than that D spring and still have reliable ignition. IIRC I went down to 12lbs at one point before my CCI primers would not light off 100%. Federal primers - being softer - will let you go down even lower before they become unreliable.

If you are handloading and can pick and choose your primers for the particular gun - That Beretta can easily be tuned to have a VERY light trigger in seconds.

Other than swapping the hammer spring for something lighter I also like to run the reduced power Wolff trigger return springs to lighten the trigger pull in my Berettas a bit more. That change is like a free lunch that does not effect slide velocity at all. The only thing that (trigger return) spring does is push the trigger forward again after each shot is fired. (additional spring weight you have to pull against to fire) The Wolff version is also known as the INS spring (immigration and naturalization service) as that is why it was developed in the first place. They were reporting a lot of broken factory Beretta trigger return springs in their duty firearms so the INS spring came about to solve that problem. Due to the design change the INS spring can't break like the factory Beretta spring can. Not possible... Also can be had in different weights of trigger return. (Lighter than factory, standard, and heavier than factory) Cheap insurance in my opinion.

The stuff I read about the Girsan pistol you have claimed that they come with all metal parts unlike the newer Beretta pistols that have a bunch of plastic bits tossed in here and there (bean counting, penny pinching bastards )

Depending on how close your trigger is to the original Beretta steel trigger the INS spring may work for you. It does not fit the newer plastic triggers that Beretta makes without seriously hacking on them. The better bet is to toss the plastic triggers in the trash where they belong and buy the original steel trigger and be done with it...

INS spring / trigger return spring has no function other than to push the trigger back forward again. Worthwhile upgrade in my opinion from both trigger feel and reliability standpoints.

What they look like installed:

Wishing you luck with your Girsan and your shooting sir.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    You are correct about that 'D' spring being a 16lb spring weight. Factory on the newer guns (last decade or so at least) is 20lbs. Older guns came with the 16lb spring factory.

Same guys go up a slight bit on their recoil spring weight when running the D spring to make up for the slight increase in rearward slide velocity due to that spring being lighter than factory. Factory weight there is 13lbs and some will go up to a 14. Personally, I think 13 is a bit much and leave as is or go down one but...

You can go lighter than that D spring and still have reliable ignition. IIRC I went down to 12lbs at one point before my CCI primers would not light off 100%. Federal primers - being softer - will let you go down even lower before they become unreliable.

If you are handloading and can pick and choose your primers for the particular gun - That Beretta can easily be tuned to have a VERY light trigger in seconds.

Other than swapping the hammer spring for something lighter I also like to run the reduced power Wolff trigger return springs to lighten the trigger pull in my Berettas a bit more. That change is like a free lunch that does not effect slide velocity at all. The only thing that (trigger return) spring does is push the trigger forward again after each shot is fired. (additional spring weight you have to pull against to fire) The Wolff version is also known as the INS spring (immigration and naturalization service) as that is why it was developed in the first place. They were reporting a lot of broken factory Beretta trigger return springs in their duty firearms so the INS spring came about to solve that problem. Due to the design change the INS spring can't break like the factory Beretta spring can. Not possible... Also can be had in different weights of trigger return. (Lighter than factory, standard, and heavier than factory) Cheap insurance in my opinion.

The stuff I read about the Girsan pistol you have claimed that they come with all metal parts unlike the newer Beretta pistols that have a bunch of plastic bits tossed in here and there (bean counting, penny pinching bastards )

Depending on how close your trigger is to the original Beretta steel trigger the INS spring may work for you. It does not fit the newer plastic triggers that Beretta makes without seriously hacking on them. The better bet is to toss the plastic triggers in the trash where they belong and buy the original steel trigger and be done with it...

INS spring / trigger return spring has no function other than to push the trigger back forward again. Worthwhile upgrade in my opinion from both trigger feel and reliability standpoints.

What they look like installed:

Wishing you luck with your Girsan and your shooting sir.
    Thank you!

I had looked at the INS triggers because I was once handed a Beretta with a broken trigger spring by the unit armorer. Reviews online were mixed, but sometimes keyboard warriors write them without much experience to back what they write. Input from someone that shoots and knows the platform is invaluable.

The Girsan is OK, pretty dang good really, but it just makes me want a Beretta 92.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-20-21 at 12:50.

Feedback Score
    One thing I've heard about the Girsan (anecdotally) is that the finish seems a bit more durable than Beretta's.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    One thing I've heard about the Girsan (anecdotally) is that the finish seems a bit more durable than Beretta's.
    Slides are nitrided, so yeah they should be. They are well finished inside, definitely a minimum of machining marks.

The Girsan should really be compared to the Taurus, not the Beretta.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 03-24-21 at 06:40.

Feedback Score
    Slides are nitrided, so yeah they should be. They are well finished inside, definitely a minimum of machining marks.

The Girsan should really be compared to the Taurus, not the Beretta.

Andy
    Could have a bunch of things you like better than a similar Beretta...

In for range reports as you continue to shoot it and do your own evaluation on it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast