Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Geissele “wide body” trigger?

Feedback Score

Geissele “wide body” trigger?

I’m about curious what Geissele means when they say their SSA-X has a “wide body”. I can’t see any differences, so does anyone know what it is? What is the benefit of this?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    From Geissele:

"The SSA-X Government trigger is a two-stage trigger that features a Nanocoated wide body trigger and Nanocoated Hammer, with a special Chrome Nitride disconnect that combines advancements in coating design to bring about the next evolution of the venerable SSA. These coatings dramatically enhance wear and corrosion resistance and keep the trigger running smooth and breaking clean even after heavy use with minimal lubrication. The SSA-X Government trigger is a non-adjustable trigger with a familiar M4 bow, that allows the trigger to be light enough for accurate and precise shots, but forgiving enough for dynamic close in work as well.

While the SSA-X Government Trigger comes assembled with a heavier Mil Spec pull weight, we are also including a lighter trigger spring to bring the 1st stage down to 2.75 - 3 lbs., and the overall pull weight down to 4.25 - 5.0 lbs. if so desired."

In other words, it's an SSA with a coating and different weight springs.
    Last edited by georgeib; 02-21-21 at 05:25.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    It doesn’t feel like an SSA. 3 out of 3 in my weekly group prefer it over other G triggers they have tried, including myself. I had no idea it was coated; I’ll ask the owner today. Its in a factory G rifle.
    Last edited by 1168; 02-21-21 at 05:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    It doesn’t feel like an SSA. 3 out of 3 in my weekly group prefer it over other G triggers they have tried, including myself. I had no idea it was coated; I’ll ask the owner today. Its in a factory G rifle.
    That's odd, because the default spring set actually is heavier than the standard SSA, and you need to install the alternate spring to bring it down to SSA level.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Total pull weight isn’t everything. In fact, in every aftermarket trigger I have I use either the heavier spring that comes with it or a Larue HD spring.

Between our daily drivers, backups, and PCC’s we’ve got 5 or 6 different G triggers. Including SSA, SSA-E, and SSA-X (came in a G rifle). My main gat has a Wilson TTU Paul Howe, and my SSA is in a rifle I don’t shoot much, FWIW. The other two guys are nuts for G triggers and have them in almost everything.

I shot with the owner of that SSA-X today. When I asked about coatings, he said its black. Which makes sense considering he doesn’t clean the lower, probably ever. Its in his primary rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by ta0117 View Post
    That's odd, because the default spring set actually is heavier than the standard SSA, and you need to install the alternate spring to bring it down to SSA level.
    Last edited by 1168; 02-21-21 at 20:11.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Total pull weight isn’t everything. In fact, in every aftermarket trigger I have I use either the heavier spring that comes with it or a Larue HD spring.

Between our daily drivers, backups, and PCC’s we’ve got 5 or 6 different G triggers. Including SSA, SSA-E, and SSA-X (came in a G rifle). My main gat has a Wilson TTU Paul Howe, and my SSA is in a rifle I don’t shoot much, FWIW. The other two guys are nuts for G triggers and have them in almost everything.

I shot with the owner of that SSA-X today. When I asked about coatings, he said its black. Which makes sense considering he doesn’t clean the lower, probably ever. Its in his primary rifle.
    I understand the coatings can make a difference, but what does the "wide body" mean and what does it do?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The actual contact point or "Shoe" (the part your finger wraps around) is wider than standard. Kinda-sorta like the difference between a standard GI 1911 and a Gold Cup. It gives your finger pad a wider surface to pull against, making it feel lighter.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    How much better can an SSA really get?

I’ve seen a bunch of them 10+ years old and they’re still going strong.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    How much better can an SSA really get?

I’ve seen a bunch of them 10+ years old and they’re still going strong.
    Noticeably

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Noticeably
    You talking feel or durability?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast