Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do AR companies accept payment for “skipping to the front”?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Perfect. This is great info.

I wasn’t necessarily trying to do what’s in the OP, just more trying to understand why it isn’t offered.

I guess my $1000 isn’t as much as I thought it would be
    Another option is to get ahold of someone at those companies and find out where stuff is heading.
    I do this all the time for our customers. I'll tell someone "hey, we're shipping 50 Sage guns to XYZ tomorrow"... and it would probably be easier to call XYZ and preorder it there before it arrives.

Good luck man. We're in for a weird year.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I guess my $1000 isn’t as much as I thought it would be
    You're correct, and that's why you should just send it to me. I need a few pennies in my pocket.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Yes, a $1K or a couple may have smaller gunSHOPs or custom makers lift their skirt up - but companies (even classified as small businesses) that do large manufacturing or services, it's not even a blip on the radar. Its more of a PITA to have to dedicate someone to working that 'special case' because if it gets lost, delay, said customer will be bitching "I paid a PREMIUM"...

And then realize $1K is a rounding error in some businesses.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armadillo View Post
    I don't think it's possible because it would damage the brand.

I collect custom knives that are hard to get because they sell out right away.
    I also collect other gadgets that are overpriced for what they are but they have collector value because they are made by valued machinist / artists that have a cult following.

I thought to myself - hey - I'll pay you $500 now for item X that you sell for $150. You can end up with more money and I'll have my gadget.

If they would do that - it would throw off the natural pricing and value of the items that are being created.

I can't quite put it into words but it would hurt the makers in the long run.

There is a way to get your premium items...

A "want to buy" ad or look on Gunbroker.

People know "what they got" and sometimes they are willing to part with it for "a fair price".

Sometimes I see rare things for double the cost or more of MSRP.

If you are willing to part with your money those are the people you want.

Just like when the Playstation 5 came out...

They were impossible to get because of the bots. People were literally left out in the cold.
    But, for the right price you could buy one.

It's tougher to source rare guns though because they are all serialized.
    It's not like you can grease the palms of a guy who sells things out of his trunk.

If you really are looking for an SR25, I've seen them pop up on Gunbroker.

You might have to win an auction or just pay a high "buy it now" price.

When I bought my first Randalls (No. 1 and No. 14) there was a 2 year wait to get them. You put down a small deposit and they would call you in two years and start on your knife when you confirmed you still wanted it etc....What I have seen is guys will get on the "wait list" at Randall and then offer to sell their position on the list as it gets really close. Seen it many, many times. That's obviously not the Company's doing but I've seen people who were willing to pay "jump the line" in this way- kinda like Scalpers....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    You might be able to incentivize a dealer to bump you to the front of the line for when they get their shipments, but every "real" manufacturer is topped out with large orders for distributors and dealers.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To no one in particular, but food for thought:

Having established relationships with stores and vendors is also helpful in times like these. You don't need to be a big fish, but having a track record of being present and supporting the business when sales and demand are slower might help. Businesses tend to remember their regulars. Right now the industry is full of desperate buyers cold-calling across the country hoping to score their widget. A couple of my favorite places stopped selling outside the area and decline high offers for in-stock goods to take care of their core. I'll be sure to remember that.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    In 2012 I called Noveske and asked the best way to get one of their rifles. They told be to place an order for a custom gun through one of their distributors. I placed an order for a factory cerekoted Noveske through Rainier Arms and I paid upfront. I don’t think I went to the front of the line, but I definitely got in line.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    To no one in particular, but food for thought:

Having established relationships with stores and vendors is also helpful in times like these. You don't need to be a big fish, but having a track record of being present and supporting the business when sales and demand are slower might help. Businesses tend to remember their regulars. Right now the industry is full of desperate buyers cold-calling across the country hoping to score their widget. A couple of my favorite places stopped selling outside the area and decline high offers for in-stock goods to take care of their core. I'll be sure to remember that.
    Agree. Stock is "allocated" to good customers first, often behind the scenes etc...I haven't really had trouble finding anything I need, not much really but a few things were on the "nice to have" list.....
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    You can pay a premium on the back end. Gunbroker is but one way.
    Ever heard of Rockeguns ?
    I’m sure there are others. It isn’t how I choose to spend my money, but it is an option. I could see someone with more disposable income doing this (or someone desperate).

Feedback Score
    LaRue advertised two prices on their MBT. “I got plenty of time” = $99. “I gotta have it now” = $175. Never heard anyone gripe. But in today's environment where folks are waiting months on backorders heads would explode if a seller advertised two-tier pricing for buyers to cut to the front of the line. On the other hand... if a seller was convinced that a ban on manufacturing and sales was imminent... well... some people will sell their reputation to the highest bidder.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123