Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Channel Liner Drops Right In & Out !

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    glock-slide-assembly-exploded-view-parts.jpg

The Glock slide firing pin channel has a part installed in it which is called the channel liner. ... The purpose of the channel liner is to lessen the firing pin spring and spring cup wear and to eliminate the need for lubricant.
    https://www.rockyourglock.com/custom/JCLT.htm
    https://www.rockyourglock.com/parts/...annelLiner.htm

Do rock slides come with channel liner?
    Answer: The slide will come with a channel liner if the Internal upper parts kit is purchased at the same time.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Thought #2.
    COULD BE to lessen wear on the FP channel. The liner can be swapped out easily. Wear on the channel would result in new slide.
    Just a thought.
    True on wear & tear, maybe its part of the complete Glock thing, the liner helps if water/debris are introduced to the gun ! Also not agreeing that's its not a big deal, but maybe it isn't a big deal with the liner just dropping in. If its in there and everything else is in correctly where can the liner really go ? Can it move around, etc. I have a buddy that built up a Glock and bought an aftermarket slide, I asked him if he had the tool for installing the Liner when he put it together and he didn't even know what I was talking about,LOL I know he has put a lot of rds. through that gun so maybe I should get with him and have him break it down and see if there is anything out of the ordinary going on with it. I'm not on Glock Talk but have another friend that is, maybe I'll have him ask about it over there and see what the "experts" say ! If he gets shamed off the Internet we will know just how important the little piece of plastic is,LOL

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Im curious about the channel liner purpose too, because the 43 / 43x guns don't have it.

Feedback Score
    Rock slides do not have a good reputation amongst the p80 builders. The stuff I've seen of theirs would steer me away from any technical info from them

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer3 View Post
    Rock slides do not have a good reputation amongst the p80 builders. The stuff I've seen of theirs would steer me away from any technical info from them

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
    Good to know, thanks for the info. Once I run it some I will report back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12