Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Channel Liner Drops Right In & Out !

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)

Channel Liner Drops Right In & Out !

Hey guys I am putting together a Rock USA Gen 3 Glock 19 slide and have all the parts & pieces. I went to install the striker channel liner and it just drops in and if you tilt the slide up it will just fall out, maybe needs a tap but it will fall out! I have installed other liners in Zev slides & others & needed to be tapped in with the appropriate tool. What do you guys think/say? Does it matter that it just drops in & out, with the striker/firing pin & backplate installed can it really go anywhere? Just wondering what you guys think about this. Thanks for any input. For what it's worth I tried multiple channel liners from Glock Store & other brands, all same results.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I think we think you should contact the manufacturer. That’s not right. It should be a press fit. Something needs to be replaced.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Channel liner is not supposed to go in loosely.

It's more than a snug fit, and typically done with a special tool.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Es no bueno.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree. Either you have an out of spec channel liner or the striker channel on your aftermarket slide is out of spec. Good advice from gg... above to contact the manufacturer.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Ah, thread from the past. Well guys I contacted Rock USA Slides shortly after installing the liner, a real person actually called me a few days later so that was cool. Anyways this guy said don't worry about it, there hardly even needed, not a big deal, those are exact words more or less, it was a few months ago so hard to remember but that's very close to what he said. I have two trains of thought on it ,Glock put a liner in there for a reason I would assume so yea we got that. Second though is if the liner is in there and the striker is installed correctly how can it move ? Soooo, here we are, basically I have the slide together 100% but have not fired it or even installed it on a frame to check so time will tell I guess. When I do get it up and running I will report back for sure. I'll put 500/600 rds through it and break it down and see what we got. I'll keep ya posted.

Feedback Score
    Why do Glocks (and I assume other pistols, but none I've encountered) have a channel liner?

Less friction?

It's a part I've never messed with.
    Last edited by Ron3; 06-03-21 at 08:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A GUESS..would be to maybe help center the fp on the primer? You MIGHT get offside hits without the liner.
    I DONT KNOW. I do know the liner is there for a reason and I/myself would ask for exchange or refund.
    If/when you shoot ths, take some pics please of the primer, Id like to see.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    A GUESS..would be to maybe help center the fp on the primer? You MIGHT get offside hits without the liner.
    I DON'T KNOW. I do know the liner is there for a reason and I/myself would ask for an exchange or refund.
    If/when you shoot this, take some pics please of the primer, Id like to see it.
    Yes, good point. I'll get on it soon and report back. I fully agree Glock designed & installs a liner for a reason, would be interesting to ask a Glock engineer and see what they say!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thought #2.
    COULD BE to lessen wear on the FP channel. The liner can be swapped out easily..wear on the channel would result in new slide.
    Just a thought.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast