Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any advice on oil filled heaters?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by voiceofreason View Post
    I have 2 Mr Heater Buddy... but my understanding it that they are NOT to be used indoors. More hunting blind type use. Looking for something for family warmth in emergency indoors.
    I recently used my Portable Buddy heater during the 3 days without power in my apartment last week in the Dallas area. The 1lb cylinders only lasted about 4 hours on low. I'm thankful I had several on hand.

My CO sensor had recently reached its end of life, so I was a bit nervous at first, despite the indoor safe rating and reading manuals/watching reviews. I went through three 1lb cylinders indoors and never experienced a hint if ill effects. I'd still prefer to use a CO sensor, but I wouldn't hesitate to use the unit again in an emergency.
    Honor Necessity

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Although not advised, I've used Buddy heaters for years in tents all night long with no ill effects. Canvas wall tents as well as three-season poly types. Granted, these are not as airtight as a home but still. The one-pound canisters of propane last about four hours. There is also a kit sold specifically for Buddy's to attach a propane tank like one would use for an outdoor grill.

Feedback Score
    Used a Big Buddy with 1lbs cylinders last week when our power was out for 15hours.

Followed the venting and do not use while sleeping instructions.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Have you ever thought about getting a wood stove?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    If you move to Florida you donít need a heater.

You should try it. Everyone else is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    The buddy heater I have is indoor safe. Iíd recommend the hose to attach to a 20lb tank over a mess of the little bottles.
    This ^^^^

Also, donít set them on linoleum as there is enough heat to discolor it. Setting on a cinder block raises it enough to prevent that. The larger one (dual cylinder) has a built in fan...which does a good job of moving air around. 6v wall wart or batteries if I recall. The dual cylinder model puts out a lot more heat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12