Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 19 slim frame?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Let's hope "never" is the correct answer. The Glock ambi mag release, as implemented on the G21SF, is a POS for two reasons:

1. It is hell on the dominant hand if you use a proper high hold.
    2. It is needlessly complex. If you ever need to remove the mag release for maintenance or replacement, may God have mercy on your soul...
    2.1 There is no Vickers mag release for the ambi models.

Same complaints I always heard too. I thought there wasn't a Vickers mag release for the 45 frames, just the 9/40 frames?
    These reasons are why I waited to find a 21SF with the standard rail and mag release. I didn't want the headache of limited holsters for the picatinney rail and the complexity of the mag release.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the info guys.

Feedback Score
    A slim frame Glock 19 can be purchased today. Thats right. Its called a Kahr P9.

I'm a huge glock fan, but found I never carried my "baby" glock 26. It was just too fat.

The P series from Kahr functions just like a glock but is much slimmer and lighter. I also like it because I shoot a Glock 34 in IDPA and carry a Kahr. I wanted them to both function exactly alike. And theydo.

Don

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    As far as I know there won't be a short frame G19 but there will be a G19 w/ambi mag catch.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Glock is making money hand-over-fist. There is no reason to make a "slim frame" if they're not inclined to make interchangeable backstraps either. The latter seems to be a much cheaper fix from a production standpoint.

Future generations may incorporate a reduced grip size across the board, but I can't see them making two models of each gun.

All that said, my understanding is that SF generation fits in both, but the earlier generation won't fit in the ambi-releases.

The Kahr is not really a fair comparison. You got almost twice the rounds. Not that it's a bad gun, just that there is always a trade off for something, and I'd rather not compromise on firepower. You can easily have the grip reduced by a qualified smith or yourself if you're good, but the G19 fits a broad range of hands very well.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    The Kahr is a fair comparison to a "slim glock" because any slim glock is going to be a single stack affair. It will suffer similar reduction in round capacity compared to a fat glock.

I'm not slamming the concept of the fat glock. It works for millions of people, including me, as an IDPA gun.

What I'm saying is that a slim, single stack, glock exists today. Its made by Kahr.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmdon View Post
    The Kahr is a fair comparison to a "slim glock" because any slim glock is going to be a single stack affair. It will suffer similar reduction in round capacity compared to a fat glock.
    Actually no, but we are probably using confusing terminology. The only extant "SF" Designated Glocks are the 21SF and 30SF, both hold the same number of rounds as the standard 21 and 30.

Glock only makes one single-stack. The 36.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 12-10-08 at 21:45.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    A quick google of the models you referenced made me realize that I'm not upon the proper terminology.

What I considerd to be a slim glock, the slim .45 which is a single stack gun, is not correct. My apologies.

However my logic still stands. If you are willing to trade some capacity for even less girth, take a look at the Kahrs. To anyone who has wished that Glock would produce a VERY slim single stack version of their favorite gun, take a look at the Kahrs.

Regards,

Don

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12