Thread: X95 aftermarket larger trigger guards...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

X95 aftermarket larger trigger guards...

Please note that I am referring to the trigger guard, not the trigger.

I am concerned that the trigger guard on the X95 is much too small for use with gloves.

This concerns me as I am in the Arctic.

Suggestions?

Thanks.

TED

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    IWI has a factory option, a “whole hand” trigger guard rather like that of the FAMAS G2. I’ve seen it sometimes referred to as a “cutlass” style trigger guard.
    Or do you mean you want more clearance in front of the trigger itself?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    Or do you mean you want more clearance in front of the trigger itself?
    Yes, the space in front of the trigger is barely big enough to get a naked finger in let alone a gloved finger!

TED

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ok, yeah I was looking at pictures last night and did note that it appears as though the original Tavor actually had a bit more space in front of the trigger than the later X95.

Looking at the design of the X95, where the different style trigger guards attach to the main body of the weapon, it *looks* like a hypothetical enlarged aftermarket trigger guard might still attach too low to give you the sort of clearance you need. You might need to actually remove polymer from inside the trigger guard.

C9374BE6-DFE5-4E72-A0F9-CBB0E7AE5822.jpeg
    Last edited by Circle_10; 02-23-21 at 03:56.

Feedback Score
    TED, It will be interesting to know how your testing goes. Given that the X95 was designed and tested in Israel, I wouldn't be surprised if it only had minimal or no arctic testing at all.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    TED, It will be interesting to know how your testing goes. Given that the X95 was designed and tested in Israel, I wouldn't be surprised if it only had minimal or no arctic testing at all.
    Ukraine uses both the original Tavor (in 5.45x39 no less) and the X95 in some limited capacity, while not the arctic it does get reasonably cold there. I wonder if this issue has come up in their testing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post

There won't be any testing from me. No glove, no love! ;-)

TED