Thread: New Jersey district pays $325K in Trump yearbook censorship

Feedback Score

New Jersey district pays $325K in Trump yearbook censorship

Maybe there is a bit of justice left in the world...

-----

WALL TOWNSHIP, N.J. -- A New Jersey school district is paying $325,000 to a former New Jersey teacher who claimed she was forced to digitally edit a Donald Trump T-shirt worn by a student in a yearbook photo.

Parsons was the high school's yearbook adviser when she said a secretary acting on behalf of the principal ordered her in 2017 to remove "Trump Make America Great Again” and make it appear as if the student was wearing a plain navy blue T-shirt.

"That has to go,” the suit alleged Parsons was told.

Parsons, who said she voted for Trump in 2016, said she was made a scapegoat and received death threats. She was suspended with pay after the incident. She claimed she regularly complained about being forced to alter photos.

The school district reissued the yearbook with the original unaltered photo. (snicker)

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...rship-76530065

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Some serious MiniTrue stuff there...
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    They can suppress Trump/GOP voters through larger media outlets, but I think as they attempt to do this more and more on a smaller scale you will see repercussions. I think that the Sandmann lawsuit is a great basis for more to come, eventually conservatives will move on without Trump, and then the left has nothing left but to make the ideology the enemy which they are already trying to do. I think that this will sour more and more people in the middle who couldn't stand the rhetoric of Trump.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”