Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammunition Prices

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    What have you done? What are you even asking related to this thread topic?
    I haven’t done anything, because I don’t believe I was disenfranchised.

You brought up a “stolen election”. What does that have to do with ammo availability? Nothing. What are you doing about the stolen election? Nothing.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Here's my prediction. Ammo prices will start to go down within the year and will be within 20% of the previous market low within three years. Meanwhile, I'm shooting ammo that I literally purchased 15 years ago, not slowing down and not thinking twice about it. There's no way I'm going to allow these leftists to ruin my fun.
    Ditto.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Which assumes many things that no one can know. There is talk of a ban on mail order sales of ammo- like there was from 1968-1986..... There is NO WAY IN HELL that ammo prices will go as low as they were in the past if that happens. You have less competition in the market place all the time too- consolidation of manufacturers and retailers- Walmart closing gun counters etc...Like them or not, they were a "market maker" in many areas for blasting and generic hunting ammo, Remington getting bought....There could be an import ban like 7N6 etc...Now what?

I'll just say I'm glad that I have what I do and I'm not terribly optimistic things will change for the better in the near term-1-5 years.
    All valid points that I hadn’t considered.

I’m not optimistic, but I’m not pessimistic.

Considering how much gun owners pride themselves on being ready for “SHTF”, they are cheap and have the memory of a mosquito. Anyone over the age of 30 has experienced at least 2 serious runs on guns & ammo as well as a federal AWB in their lifetime.

Yet, millions still got stuck with their pants around their ankles with no ammo last year. How tf does that happen?

The reason I’m not entirely optimistic is because we do have millions of new gun owners. These guys, even if they buy two boxes each, will mean millions of *boxes* of ammo needing to bring supply up with demand. The system just isn’t setup for that. It’d be like if 50 million new cars hit the road this month. There’d be fuel shortages everywhere.

Once that settles in though, I’m not pessimistic because - well, see above. Gun owners are dumb and cheap. Eventually normalcy will resume, gun owners won’t want to spend $10,000 stocking up on dirt cheap ammo and primers (even though they should), and M4C will go back to “Who has the cheapest Colt barrel?” instead of “Who has an AR barrel for sale?”

Feedback Score
    Midway has 600 rounds of 855 for $509 right now in stock.

https://www.midwayusa.com/ltd/produc...scription-link

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Yeah, it was a hassle. It was still way cheaper than Turner's etc...
    I live in the middle of nowhere (look up Humboldt County), so I've been ordering ammo online for a long, long time...

We now have a Sportman's Whorehouse here, and that's progress, but I don't expect them to match online prices.

Happily, I have so much ammo stockpiled that at most I might want some speciality ammo or rimfire, and I'll have that delivered to friends/family out of state and bring it back in my checked bags.

In a real pinch, I'll pay for double shipping and have friends/family just forward it to me.

I am glad a good number of you are so optimistic.
    I'm pessimistic about California: The stupid rules here are just going to get worse, and the only ray of hope is that most of them are unenforceable and/or the courts will throw them out.

I think federal gun control is a non-starter unless the anti-2A crowd gets a solid lock on the House and Senate. Old Joe isn't going to do it on his own, and there are enough Democrats from swing states (WV, AZ) that it won't pass Congress, either...

Thumbs pressed...

Feedback Score
    Midway has 600 rounds of 855 for $509 right now in stock.
    Good for them...

If it sells, then they and Winchester are making a bundle (and the fool who buys it was would've soon been parted from his money, anyway).

If it doesn't sell, then the panic is ending, and the price will come down...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Good for them...

If it sells, then they and Winchester are making a bundle (and the fool who buys it was would've soon been parted from his money, anyway).

It will sell out in now time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Good for them...

It will sell out in no time.

Feedback Score
    I bet it's still there tomorrow morning...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    All valid points that I hadn’t considered.

I’m not optimistic, but I’m not pessimistic.

Considering how much gun owners pride themselves on being ready for “SHTF”, they are cheap and have the memory of a mosquito.

SNIP...

Gun owners are dumb and cheap.
    For you to make such general statements about gun owners like that ON A GUN FORUM tell me a lot about who the 'real' dummy is here.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast