Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammunition Prices

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    For you to make such general statements about gun owners like that ON A GUN FORUM tell me a lot about who the 'real' dummy is here.
    Oh nooooooo I’m the real dummy oh noooooo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Considering how much gun owners pride themselves on being ready for “SHTF”, they are cheap and have the memory of a mosquito.
    For you to make such general statements about gun owners like that ON A GUN FORUM...

Obviously EuroDriver meant "most gun owners" and not typical M4c.net regulars...

I think most of us are like Bret (see above), i.e., well-prepared to ride this out.

I confess I'm enjoying a bit of Schadenfreude seeing people freak out, as well as some trainwreck-watching fascination as prices go crazy.

If I could figure out an easy and legal way to do it, I would start selling cases of Wolf Gold 5.56 for whatever the market would bear...

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Obviously EuroDriver meant "most gun owners" and not typical M4c.net regulars...

I think most of us are like Bret (see above), i.e., well-prepared to ride this out.

I confess I'm enjoying a bit of Schadenfreude seeing people freak out, as well as some trainwreck-watching fascination as prices go crazy.

If I could figure out an easy and legal way to do it, I would start selling cases of Wolf Gold 5.56 for whatever the market would bear...
    Obvious is not obvious to people when a nerve is struck.

Ditto on the ammo sales. I’ve sold quite a bit. Probably 3,000 rounds of 9mm but what I found is the people who are willing to pay the stupid prices are only looking for a few boxes. You can sell a case of 9mm for $550 easily, but if you wanna meet 30 different people you can get $1000 for it parted out.

In August or so, I actually went to a gun shop and asked people in line waiting to get in if they wanted ammo but the employees ran me off lol.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-24-21 at 08:32.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    For you to make such general statements about gun owners like that ON A GUN FORUM tell me a lot about who the 'real' dummy is here.
    Dude, Euro is 100% correct. We are, and always have been & forever will be, our own worst enemy.
    SO MANY had the chance for over 3 years pre-covid, to stock up on prices at 20 year or more lows. THEY DIDNT.
    They forget how it was during AWB of '94. During Sandy Hook. During all the times demonrats tried everything to erase the 2A. They thouht guns & ammo "would always be there". WRONG.
    I couldnt get my guys to stock up for shit. Ive long ago told people to stop asking me where to get this or that. I tell them they had their chance.
    Im not as optimistic as Euro- I think its a distinct possibility we will NEVER go back to "who has the cheapest Colt barrel". Youll just be lucky to find a barrel, then youll have to go thru an FFL & background check & pay some high ass tax to get THAT.
    When the import bans come, and the taxes come, and mail order & online sources are banned, and SCOTUS does what SCOTUS almost always does, and wont take up any 2A related cases, shooting will be all but done here in America.
    Gun owners...not real, true SHOOTERS...ARE dumb & cheap. And they are the ones hurting right now, NOT the shooters.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Ditto on the ammo sales. I’ve sold quite a bit. Probably 3,000 rounds of 9mm but what I found is the people who are willing to pay the stupid prices are only looking for a few boxes. You can sell a case of 9mm for $550 easily, but if you wanna meet 30 different people you can get $1000 for it parted out.
    That makes sense...

FWIW, I guess that's why that case of 600rnds of M855 is still there on Midway... The booger-eaters who might pay 85¢/round don't have any idea what they would ever do with 600rnds, and/or they don't want to plunk down $500+ at once.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you're looking for friends that will help, or put forth a kind word, gun forums aren't the place you'll find any. Everyone is a mercenary. It's the reason conservatives and libertarians keep losing over the long haul to leftists...they eat their own.
    Last edited by TomMcC; 02-23-21 at 21:06.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    If you're looking for friends that will help, or put forth a kind word, gun forums aren't the place you'll find any...
    Actually, my experience has always been the opposite.

Just about every time I've asked for help, somebody here has stepped up and helped me out with good advice or whatever.

And sometimes the kindest word is the "tough love" version... I appreciate that.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Actually, my experience has always been the opposite.

Just about every time I've asked for help, somebody here has stepped up and helped me out with good advice or whatever.

And sometimes the kindest word is the "tough love" version... I appreciate that.
    Really? Tough love? I don't think love has much to do with anything on this forum. Your experience is different than mine, but then I don't have many good expectations of other men.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Really? Tough love? I don't think love has much to do with anything on this forum. Your experience is different than mine, but then I don't have many good expectations of other men.
    Funny, you and I both joined M4C.net in May 2008...

You have almost double as many posts as I do... Almost one per day, on average, for almost 13 years.

Something must keep bringing you back!

In my case, yes, straight facts, tough love, no-BS, call it whatever you want.

If I wanted somebody to tell me how cool or smart I am, then I could call my mother...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Funny, you and I both joined M4C.net in May 2008...

You have almost double as many posts as I do... Almost one per day, on average, for almost 13 years.

Something must keep bringing you back!

In my case, yes, straight facts, tough love, no-BS, call it whatever you want.

If I wanted somebody to tell me how cool or smart I am, then I could call my mother...
    Friendship and flattery isn't the reason. Just like I converse with people face to face with no expectation of friendship, so it is here. I have other motives for being here. By the way, there are no straight facts, there's always a bias and interpretation. Calling other shooters stupid isn't a fact, it's an opinion. Unless of course you happen to be working from an absolutely objective and truthful source.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast